Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every dealer has Bronco Sports sitting on the lot.....yet The plant in Hermisillo continues to make more BS units than Mavericks. I don't understand Ford. I am so pissed at them right now.....I have 2 Maverick XLT Lux on order. One was a Hybrid, and 1 was an EB AWD 4K....got build dates and VINS for both......BOTH are VINed as 2.5 Hybrid!!!! WTAF Ford?!?! Now I won't get my EB 4K...and since my order has a build date, no Price protection for a MY 24 reorder! I have a copy of the order/order preview that had it as an EB AWD 4K......No one can explain wth happened of why. Not my dealer, or anyone I have talked to at Ford Customer Service!!!! I am/was a convert to Frod, (never bought a new Ford in my life), not sure what I am going to do as we wanted the AWD....doubt I will EVER buy from FoMoCo again! This has been supreme Cluster F@ck!!! Might flip one of the Hybrids and go get a Corolla Sport Hybrid AWD!! YOU.BLEW.IT.FORD!!!!
The only member in the history of MTC to complain that they have a build date for a hybrid. :LOL:
Sponsored

loreha2003

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Close to mine:

1688652010713.png

I'm predicting an 11,000 each for July through September and a sharp wind-down for October. I've adjusted the hybrid mix to account for Ford weird 50-65 ratio. EBs should be doable but looking at roughly 20,000 total leftover orders.

Allocations notwithstanding....
Sorry I’m new here but does that mean that all EBs might be scheduled at least by October?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry I’m new here but does that mean that all EBs might be scheduled at least by October?
No, it means Ford has the capacity to schedule all EBs before October. Dealer allocations matter most. If X dealer has no more Maverick allocations for MY23, then it doesn't matter if they have an open EB that Ford could build. It won't be.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really don't think so...... I do work for a dealership, and regularly look at these reports. When "all" options are listed like that, they usually add up to 100%. Based on my experience, I don't think it means max 65% EB and max 50% hybrid.
This is from Tim Bartz livecast.

loreha2003

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, it means Ford has the capacity to schedule all EBs before October. Dealer allocations matter most. If X dealer has no more Maverick allocations for MY23, then it doesn't matter if they have an open EB that Ford could build. It won't be.
Ok that makes sense .

Sponsored

smi3522

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf Alltrack
Engine
Undecided
Every dealer has Bronco Sports sitting on the lot.....yet The plant in Hermisillo continues to make more BS units than Mavericks. I don't understand Ford. I am so pissed at them right now.....I have 2 Maverick XLT Lux on order. One was a Hybrid, and 1 was an EB AWD 4K....got build dates and VINS for both......BOTH are VINed as 2.5 Hybrid!!!! WTAF Ford?!?! Now I won't get my EB 4K...and since my order has a build date, no Price protection for a MY 24 reorder! I have a copy of the order/order preview that had it as an EB AWD 4K......No one can explain wth happened of why. Not my dealer, or anyone I have talked to at Ford Customer Service!!!! I am/was a convert to Frod, (never bought a new Ford in my life), not sure what I am going to do as we wanted the AWD....doubt I will EVER buy from FoMoCo again! This has been supreme Cluster F@ck!!! Might flip one of the Hybrids and go get a Corolla Sport Hybrid AWD!! YOU.BLEW.IT.FORD!!!!
I gave up on my Maverick because of the additional wait and bought a Santa Cruz. The Hyundai dealer didn't try to steal my trade and they discounted the truck $750.

Gschaef

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I look at the overall FMC sales numbers, I can't help but notice that the Maverick is outselling the Ranger by a healthy margin; this suggests to me that the Maverick is essentially cannibalizing Ranger sales. When you consider cost (personal budget) and performance capabilities versus your personal needs, you either need a large F-Series (or Super Duty) truck, or you can do just fine with a Maverick.

The Ranger is a tweener, and I realize FMC has re-designed it for MY2024, but I just don't see a whole lot of people buying one.
Just anecdotal info, but I was at my Ford dealer this week. It’s a huge dealership in Northern CA. They never have Mavericks in stock for more than a day but they do have plenty of 2023 Rangers. I asked my salesman if he felt people were holding off until the 2024 Ranger release and he said he hadn’t received a single order request since the banks opened.

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which makes me wonder if Toyota will really make a Sout? It could potentially destroy the Tacoma sales.
Well if they don't someone else (Kia & Hyundai with hybrid options) will. It's better you catabolize your own product line and keep the customer than to let some other brand do it to you.

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with Lonnie gee. Drivers that really wants a Tacoma will get a Tacoma because they'll do lots of off roading/overlanding/towing/4wd etc

I personally have a 2020 Tacoma 4wd and I plan to keep it as my weekend truck.
Maverick Hybrid will be my daily driver to and from work due to the MPG.

Hard to destroy that Tacoma numbers
1688690175715.png
wow, the Taco DOMINATES ! Not even a close 2nd place.

Stevezilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevezilla (hybrid XLT)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Mazda Tribute
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does Ford provide production data about trim level and color, by year? I'm curious about the most and least popular Mavericks.

Sponsored

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
This is from Tim Bartz livecast.
It could be wrong, but the way I read the commodities report is that out of the 29,757 unscheduled orders 17% of them are for EB and Ford has the capacity to build up to 65% of the 29,757 as EB. These will probably end up as dealer stock orders.

Hybrid orders account for 83% of the 29,757 unscheduled orders, but they can only make 50% of that. i.e. There's close to 10k Hybrid orders that they can't build.

It doesn't necessarily have to add up to 100% since the commodities are based on the remaining few months of production.

For MY24 they have an estimated total number of Mavericks that they are planning to build hence the split is 65%/35%. The 35% figure for Hybrid may not mean that they are making less than they did in MY23.

loreha2003

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok
Ag
Ok that makes sense .
Again thanks for the clarification. I am at a smaller dealership with priority code 10 and they only have a couple Maverick orders so fingers crossed!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lurker
Engine
Undecided
Any personal experiences of seeing Mavericks on dealer lots? Ecoboosts specifically. I'm curious if we can expect more units sitting on lots in the coming months.
Sponsored