Sponsored

Alto_Mav

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Odyssey
I found this Ford SEMA build at my local dealership in Carlsbad, California. Looks pretty sweet, but that bed cap really highlights how small the bed is. Great overall look and those wheels and tires really make the truck a lot taller. They had a stock XLT nearby and the difference really stood out.

What do you guys think?

New photos added 1/12/22

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership 1809270_5331184746898346_7693382668703500647_n-

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership 1795098_5331184723565015_6511836363541536335_n-

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership PXL_20211126_151814452

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership PXL_20211126_151822578

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership PXL_20211126_151835139

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership PXL_20211126_151949718.MP

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership PXL_20211126_151854936
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Thanks for posting, I was hoping to see more of this one. Do you have any info on everything that was done?

EDIT: Also wanted to point out the bumpers and trim painted gloss black looks great.

Last edited:

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for posting, I was hoping to see more of this one. Do you have any info on everything that was done?

EDIT: Also wanted to point out the bumpers and trim painted gloss black looks great.

More info and pics on the Air Design Maverick - from Ford press release:

Air Design Maverick

Air Design USA will have a 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat SuperCrew® FX4® Off-Road Package at SEMA featuring 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine and all the style and hardware to blend right in with the California lifestyle.

This year’s must-have truck is fitted with Air Design USA fender flares, door moldings and tailgate appliqué styling package. Performance upgrades include a cat-back exhaust with black chrome tips, 1.5-inch lift kit, plus 18-inch wheels wearing 31-inch all-terrain tires.

Added utility comes via a bed cap. The cabin benefits from Ford Licensed Accessories all-weather floor mats, a roadside assistance kit, rear under-seat storage bins and a portable refrigerator.

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership PXL_20211126_151854936

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
I found this Ford SEMA build at my local dealership in Carlsbad, California. Looks pretty sweet, but that bed cap really highlights how small the bed is. Great overall look and those wheels and tires really make the truck a lot taller. They had a stock XLT nearby and the difference really stood out.

What do you guys think?

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership {filename}

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership {filename}

Waiting for Borla to release that Catback,

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t be the only one who hates bed covers. I feel like it’s buying a truck and converting it to a crossover/suv

Last edited:

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t be the only one who hates bed covers. I feel like it’s buying a truck and reverting it to a crossover
I agree, I understand that some folks need/want for a cover for a pickup because they like the ease of a truck, but like you said, why not get a SUV or Crossover then?

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
How many versions of this truck exist? The tires are different from one pic to the next…..BFG’s and then Toyo’s. Also the hood scoop is there and not there depending on the pic. Also the FX4 stickers.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree, I understand that some folks need/want for a cover for a pickup because they like the ease of a truck, but like you said, why not get a SUV or Crossover then?
I feel like we've already covered this in other threads. There are a ton of reasons why someone would want a canopy/topper on a truck rather than buying a SUV.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like we've already covered this in other threads. There are a ton of reasons why someone would want a canopy/topper on a truck rather than buying a SUV.
I'm sure you're right about there being a thread! There's threads on everything 😆 🤣

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
How many versions of this truck exist? The tires are different from one pic to the next…..BFG’s and then Toyo’s. Also the hood scoop is there and not there depending on the pic. Also the FX4 stickers.
The one picture with BFGs, no Fx4 sticker, and no hood scoop looks like a render picture to me. Probably what they used to design the SEMA build.

Sponsored

Jerry F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't exactly know who direct this question to,but I'm pretty sure that my fellow club members can help me out. I called my dealership today,they gave me a tracking number. I don't have a vin or a scheduling date or anything else. Ford says I need more. Does anyone know how I can track my truck?

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hate almost everything about it. I like the trim painted black for the most part. Everything else such as the topper, hood “scoop”, tailgate thing, lower door moldings and worst of all that terrible lift sitting nose high are all just atrocious to me.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh......looks like a mini Farm Truck.

RG4245

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I would think one of the main reasons would be pretty obvious. You'd have to get an enormous SUV to match the cargo capacity of even a small truck like the Maverick. Comparing apples/apples, cargo capacity with 2 rows of seating, an Explorer (midsize SUV) has about 48 cu.ft. of total cargo space. Take the 33 cu.ft. of the Maverick and roughly double it with a camper shell and you've got ~66 cu.ft. You'd have to move up to an Expedition or Tahoe to match that. Plus some people may be hauling wet/dirty cargo that they'd prefer not to have in the carpeted/easily scuffed interior of their vehicle.

Ford Maverick Maverick SEMA Build by Air Design - seen in the flesh at dealership Screenshot_20211127-073555

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t be the only one who hates bed covers. I feel like it’s buying a truck and converting it to a crossover/suv
I don't like them because for some reason looking back through 2 windows distorts my vision and I can't tell distances. I know its weird but that's just me. My dad had a truck with a top and I hated driving it. Note: before camera's in the rear.
Sponsored