First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@MarkFranMav can you take a close-up photo of the brackets and how they attach? Looks like you have a roll-up cover, so I'm curious to know how the rack is attached. Thanks!
Its just a simple pinch plate. Rear mounting needs this extension to reach for enough gap. Front comes right down. Trick for mounting with tonneau cover is to loosen the bolts on the brackets to the rack and tighten down the tonneau rails. This helps lessen any gaps. Then tighten rack bolts.
Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Bed Rack released Mav Bracket

Ford Maverick Xtrusion Overland XTR1 Bed Rack released Mav Rolled U

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its just a simple pinch plate. Rear mounting needs this extension to reach for enough gap. Front comes right down. Trick for mounting with tonneau cover is to loosen the bolts on the brackets to the rack and tighten down the tonneau rails. This helps lessen any gaps. Then tighten rack bolts.
Mav Bracket.jpg

Mav Rolled Up.jpg
What's your plans with the XTR1? Roof top tent? I love the functionality of this thing. Hoping they release their new bike rack add-on which doesn't require you to take off the front wheel in the coming months.

Sponsored

MarkFranMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's your plans with the XTR1? Roof top tent? I love the functionality of this thing. Hoping they release their new bike rack add-on which doesn't require you to take off the front wheel in the coming months.
I am actually looking at making a pseudo-enclosed canopy out of it. I am leaving the tonneau on for "water proof" storage. Look up 1up racks. They already have one. Might get one of those for the roof for when I bike alone.

Deleted member 9167

Oh I see, so the XTR1 bracket actually goes underneath the tonneau cover L rail. Does this create any gaps along the middle of the cover rail?

MarkFranMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh I see, so the XTR1 bracket actually goes underneath the tonneau cover L rail. Does this create any gaps along the middle of the cover rail?
Yes and no (I cut the foam insulation where the brackets run under the tonneau). Tonneau bracket placement strategy is key. This Truxedo one has 3 on each side. I have the ends right next to the Xtrusion brackets and one in the middle on each side. It would be ideal to have the bed rack hanging from above with as little weight on the bed/xtrusion brackets when installing. Then you re-install the tonneau and "torque" the tonneau down over the brackets making a tighter fit. Then I would release the tension on the bed rack and tighten the bolts. Rack bolts should be tight if you measured everything correctly. Just tighten the 4 on each post going to brackets. I need to make a youtube video on this....

Deleted member 9167

Yes and no (I cut the foam insulation where the brackets run under the tonneau). Tonneau bracket placement strategy is key. This Truxedo one has 3 on each side. I have the ends right next to the Xtrusion brackets and one in the middle on each side. It would be ideal to have the bed rack hanging from above with as little weight on the bed/xtrusion brackets when installing. Then you re-install the tonneau and "torque" the tonneau down over the brackets making a tighter fit. Then I would release the tension on the bed rack and tighten the bolts. Rack bolts should be tight if you measured everything correctly. Just tighten the 4 on each post going to brackets. I need to make a youtube video on this....
Hmm, this is a good explanation. But my tonneau cover has a L rail that hangs over the inside lip of the bed that uses a pinch clamp to hold it on the bed rail. Looks like your cover just sits on top of the rail and use a top-down style clamp.

Not sure how it would work with my cover rails since it's on both sides and would hit the xtrusion bracket on both sides... It might work, but I wonder if they have other style brackets.

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT Lux, FX4 w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey guys, I am here to answer any questions regarding Xtrusion Overland.

We do need a better description! Working on it.... The premise of this bedrack is to give the user full adaptability of the system. Where it would be $1K for the rack you would have options to later add a different height kit for around $200, or if you were to modify it or add things to it in any way or form its possible. It is super DIY friendly and based on standard T-Slot extrusion such as 8020.net

The possibilities are greater than any other bedrack in the market. We have customers adding all kinds of structures and accessories. You'd also save as you don't need additional plates and accessories to mount items to the bedrack, as you can mount universally on any of the 4 sides of the extrusion.

The bedrack would be around 60-70 lbs depending on config options.

Here is a vid explaining more about it:

Here is a video detailing the installation process:

And of course it is all top materials and made in USA. ;)

We're looking forward to entering the Maverick market, so if you're interested we'll offer a pre-launch discount!

Let me know if you have questions!
Hey Alan, wondering do y’all sell the corner brackets and wide wing brackets just themselves?

Sponsored

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wondering if the 20" plus wide wing would work with a soft topper, anyone have a reason right away why it wouldn't?

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT Lux, FX4 w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mav Bracket.jpg

Mav Rolled Up.jpg
If you can, could tell me what the angle degree on the rail brackets?

shane_lxi

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Subaru Forester
I have the 16" height Wide Wing brackets installed. Zero road noise. Can still carry 4-5 bikes in the bed.
IMG_2439.jpg
I mountain bike too, do you think a 13" XTR1 rack would clear a bike with a tailgate pad like that? I want to run a cargo basket with it, but I don't want it to stick up over the cab too far

MarkFranMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mountain bike too, do you think a 13" XTR1 rack would clear a bike with a tailgate pad like that? I want to run a cargo basket with it, but I don't want it to stick up over the cab too far
13" will be a squeeze. You wont be able to load the bike/s with the tailgate in the up position. You will need to do what I do when I have 3 plus bikes. I lower the tailgate and leave it in the angled position, orient bikes in their places and raise the tailgate with the bikes into place.
Sponsored