Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only cause others haven't yet! Seems I'm the only person experiencing issues with my keyfob distance, service manual says NOR for the RKE is 30m!! I'm getting maybe 5, and slight inconveniences like a half useless, multi-decade feature really get me in the mood to anger read the service manual, if it helps one other person I'm happier than if it only helped me
Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can remote start my lariat from in my office, in the middle of the building, thru 5 different walls with my key fob. Best fob range of any vehicle i’ve ever had….
That's is great to hear. My old Ranger is only about 10 feet.

Srp166

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick encore
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Update 6/23:

So I installed the "ultra-long-range" extended antenna, PN#JS7Z15603A and gained roughly 0 feet of extended distance using the XLT keyfob.

VSS is mounted above the OBD port, just behind the trim panel on the driver's side. Antenna runs through driver A pillar and 3M-attaches to the top line of the windshield, next to the sensor block.

Neither lock/unlock or the VSS-equipped remote start function passed 40-50 feet.

Does anyone know if there's a "primary" antenna factory-mounted somewhere inside the Mav? If I can unplug it or move it around to a better spot maybe I can eke out some footage but the Extended Antenna should override any factory antenna that is still mounted, I'd assumed at least.
Where did you find instructions on how and where to install the extender?
Sponsored