First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 (Alto Blue)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an Alto Blue XLT but would like to replace the side mirror caps to color match. The Lariat has color matched side mirrors and wondered if anyone had replaced their XLT caps to color match. Is there a Ford replacement part just for the caps that could be purchased?
Sponsored

Jobst88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly should be cheaper to just take them to a shop to get painted.
Unfortunately due to the slight texture of the black plastic versions it would be difficult to get a smooth finish with just getting them painted. I’m planning on buying smooth plastic mirror covers that I will later paint.

Sponsored

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The wife wants painted door handles like the Bronco sport she saw at the dealership. uggg!
The googles found A single handle..... @ $90+EACH! It appears they only come primed and not finished.
Unpainted handles
I was really hoping on some color "matched" vinyl to wrap the with. I'm thinking it would be cheaper to buy these things and paint them to match
Handle Covers

EDIT: WHY DOESN"T THE TAIL GATE HAVE A PAINTED HANDLE?!! I squashed this ideal right now for our Mav. I guess I might have to pay the company in Japan to color match us some vinyl... hahaha
Color Matched Vinyl

Last edited:
OP
OP
jcgaskil

jcgaskil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 (Alto Blue)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately due to the slight texture of the black plastic versions it would be difficult to get a smooth finish with just getting them painted. I’m planning on buying smooth plastic mirror covers that I will later paint.
I agree. I took my truck to a local paint shop and they told me sanding the covers could be done but would likely not be clean enough for smooth coverage. They recommended purchasing the paint to match covers and have those painted for the best quality.

chilicoke

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most factory parts do not come painted, only primered so they don't have to stock a bunch of different colors or to have dead inventory. They'd send them to body shop to be painted to your vehicle color.

Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The wife wants painted door handles like the Bronco sport she saw at the dealership. uggg!
The googles found A single handle..... @ $90+EACH! It appears they only come primed and not finished.
Unpainted handles
I was really hoping on some color "matched" vinyl to wrap the with. I'm thinking it would be cheaper to buy these things and paint them to match
Handle Covers

EDIT: WHY DOESN"T THE TAIL GATE HAVE A PAINTED HANDLE?!! I squashed this ideal right now for our Mav. I guess I might have to pay the company in Japan to color match us some vinyl... hahaha
Color Matched Vinyl
Maverick and Ranger use the same tailgate handle so you can get a PTM handle for your maverick too!
Ford Maverick XLT body color matched side mirrors IMG_9097

AF Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

XLT Lux adds the color matched mirror caps

BigB

2.5L Hybrid