blackb13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MDF and screws must have went down in price. I've built a few boxes in my day and at $325 shipped my time (the boxes I've built have taken a long time) and expectation level are both met. Your "quick and dirty" box does the job though!
Thanks!

The 2'x4' mdf was ~$12 and was enough for the enclosure and the amp board. Box of screws for $2, $3 liquid nails and $6 fabric puts it just over $20, but close enough. ;)

Of course, back in the day, I would've fiberglassed it to exactly what I wanted, but I don't have the free time anymore, so quick and dirty it is. Lol.
Sponsored

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yup, 10" sub. It's definitely tight at around ~0.46 ft3. I wanted to maximize space and this particular driver is suited to small enclosures, although it really shouldn't go under 0.5 ft3, so I added a bit of polyfill that I had laying around. The Qtc isn't horrible at around 0.9, but it's still better than anything that would fit behind the seat. I might add a DSP at some point to smooth the small bump at ~50Hz created from the small enclosure, but it's not that bad.

It's a wedge/trapezoidal-hybrid enclosure, so the dimensions are kind of all over the place, but the baffle is 16x10.5 to give you an idea.

Super helpful, thank you!

OP
OP
John_Sawgrass_Ford

John_Sawgrass_Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd get a real subwoofer box. There is a guy on one of the maverick facebook groups that makes boxes. His name is Chris Hilbert. He also has boxes with round holes as well.

1674572949076.png
This is a great option I just want to keep my under seat storage. That’s why I am going with the hideaway behind the seat. I hear it does a great job for the size

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Those boxes are like $325 plus shipping, plus woofer. But they are pretty dang nice. I was asking Chris about one but I wanted ported and that is more work to calculate volume, port size, etc. I would definitely use him if you want a 10" because trying to fit a 10" under there in a MDF box is pretty challenging.

A good carfi shop local to me charges $500 for a typical custom fiberglass enclosure and honestly I wouldn't expect to get a top piece finished and customized like that.

Sponsored

BLUE1870

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT and '24 Chevy Trax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trying to contact Chris Hilbert about one of his custom boxes. Which FB group is he associated with? I haven't been able to find it.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered one from Chris too. It'll be here next week and I can finish my stereo system.
Nice. What woofer are you going to use?

I am thinking about upgrading to a 10" and either selling my current box complete to another Maverick owner or building a new enclosure for it and installing it in my wife's Bronco. I can't see her being a fan of either plan, though. 😂

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The subwoofer is a Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-10.
https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p3sd4-10/

Amp is a Rockford Fosgate R2-250X1.
https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r2-250x1/

I chose these because the sub is a 4 ohm DVC shallow mount 10" that can run on a minimum of 0.5 cubic feet sealed. It's max wattage is fairly low at 300, so the R2-250X1 will run it fine at 2 ohms.

The box Chris offers is 0.7 cubic feet. I know he offers a discount on Kicker subs (round and square) but I already had the Fosgate stuff coming. Also, my door and c-pillar speakers are Fosgate.

OP
OP
John_Sawgrass_Ford

John_Sawgrass_Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I am getting ready to order all the speakers and stuff. Is there a Metra harness for those rear speakers? I have seen the ones for the front door. just want to make sure I get everything down on y checklis.
also which sound deadning material are you guys using?

Sponsored

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I am getting ready to order all the speakers and stuff. Is there a Metra harness for those rear speakers? I have seen the ones for the front door. just want to make sure I get everything down on y checklis.
I simply crimped terminals on my rear speakers.

Slick-rides

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told these are the harnesses that work...
Metra 72-5602 (front)
Metra 72-5600 (rear)

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For anyone who has tied into the front speakers for subwoofer input, where did you pull signal from? Did you pull it from the kick panels? There must be a much easier (central) location to splice into.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For anyone who has tied into the front speakers for subwoofer input, where did you pull signal from? Did you pull it from the kick panels? There must be a much easier (central) location to splice into.
That's in the first post of the sticky thread in this sub forum. The ACM harness is under the climate control and there's a pic of what you can tap for the front speakers. Or if you have any one of various ACM piggyback harnesses, they plug in there.
Sponsored