Niner9er

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking to lift my XLT AWD FX4. This has probably been covered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy out there, so can someone explain the difference between the Rough Country and RangerLift 2" lifts? Pros and cons or each?Thanks
Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You get what you paid for there. Rough country much cheaper but also made cheaper and I don’t think it comes with everything that should be replaced like the front end links.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You get what you paid for there. Rough country much cheaper but also made cheaper and I don’t think it comes with everything that should be replaced like the front end links.
I somewhat agree. When I bought the Rough Country lift kit that was the only one I could find and the only one that Ford had a reference to. Since then there have been 3 more lift kits come out. I think that the Ranger Lift is a bit more involved, but if you have never taken a McPherson strut apart before I would suggest having either one installed for you. Struts can be dangerous to take apart if you don't have a good strut compressor and an easy way to end an otherwise fun day.

Ford Maverick Rough Country vs Ranger Lift Bart with front lift

Maverick&Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 F350
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I somewhat agree. When I bought the Rough Country lift kit that was the only one I could find and the only one that Ford had a reference to. Since then there have been 3 more lift kits come out. I think that the Ranger Lift is a bit more involved, but if you have never taken a McPherson strut apart before I would suggest having either one installed for you. Struts can be dangerous to take apart if you don't have a good strut compressor and an easy way to end an otherwise fun day.

Bart with front lift.jpg
I believe you don't take apart the strut on the RangerLift kit. It's just a spacer that goes on top of the strut. No spring compressor needed. Yes you need to pull the strut out but you don't have to mess with the spring.

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey Niner9er, nice avatar. May the 4th be with you.

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe you don't take apart the strut on the RangerLift kit. It's just a spacer that goes on top of the strut. No spring compressor needed. Yes you need to pull the strut out but you don't have to mess with the spring.
I bought and finally had time to install the Rough Country, Ranger Lift hadn't been released when I bought my truck. So that's good to know. I don't crawl my truck I just needed the lift so I wouldn't have to change my receiver hitch for my Airstream Basecamp. I don't think that the engine on the Maverick is really strong enough nor the differential and transfer case, to do much wheeling. But I take my trailer and mountain bike back into the BLM land where townies fear to go and it works fine.

CMOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Interested in this topic.

I'm about to order a 2023 and I do want a small lift. I keep hearing bad comments about the RC lift, yet nobody has stated anything specific about their RC complaints - ?

The Ranger Kit seems to get more praise.

Any other inputs on these kits?

CMOS
Sponsored