First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Midway Ford in Miami about my speakers randomly turning off and on and the service department said that my 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid had a wiring circuit recall and that I should bring in my truck for warranty repair. I did not get any previous notification and Ford Customer Service was not aware of any recall.

Has anyone received any notice about any wiring circuit recall?
Sponsored

scourgio

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT (first ever truck)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a recall on the wiring to the tow hitch. But that recall does not apply to a hybrid. The service department may not have been paying close attention to your vehicle type.

OP
OP

Vince

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just spoke with the service department again and the guy said that he did not see any details about the recall being limited to the tow hitch or to the ecoboost. Unfortunately the guy also said that the Maverick doesn’t have a ecoboost engine and only mustangs do, so I question his knowledge.

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just spoke with the service department again and the guy said that he did not see any details about the recall being limited to the tow hitch or to the ecoboost. Unfortunately the guy also said that the Maverick doesn’t have a ecoboost engine and only mustangs do, so I question his knowledge.
You can easily check for recalls yourself by VIN here: https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/