Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Lol so much wrong info in this thread I don't even know where to start
The beginning is usually a good place. I will start you off…

So there was this tiny point at the beginning of spacetime. It was all very hot and cramped so things ran away from each other at high speed.

Que Stanley Kubrick style/Vangelis music:
Sponsored

mclumber1

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 STX
WHAT DELAY? THEY JUST STARTED PRODUCTION LAST WEEK. STOP CREATING PANIC. I HAVEN'T SEEN A PRODUCTION DATE GET CANCELED, FAKE NEWS.
My order was placed on June 17th, and I have yet to be scheduled. There are quite a few people in this camp. Meanwhile, there are people who ordered the first week of August who got scheduled the following week. Ford's ordering/scheduling process is...Interesting and there is definitely room for improvement along with more transparency on how the system is supposed to function.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My order was placed on June 17th, and I have yet to be scheduled. There are quite a few people in this camp. Meanwhile, there are people who ordered the first week of August who got scheduled the following week. Ford's ordering/scheduling process is...Interesting and there is definitely room for improvement along with more transparency on how the system is supposed to function.
It depends on what you ordered. Yes, people complain when I say it, but there are global constraints on some things beyond Fords control.

people get sick, solvents get used by other equally needy industries, microchips go to other things that contain microchips.

One thing is true though: not a single retail Maverick has missed its delivery date as of this writing, nor will one for at least 3 weeks.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So there was this tiny point at the beginning of spacetime. It was all very hot and cramped so things ran away from each other at high speed.
Sadly, this is completely wrong. Sure, I used to believe it. But since 1971 I have known the truth:
Before the beginning, there was this turtle. And the turtle was alone. And he looked around. And he saw his neighbor, which was his mother, and he lay down on top of his neighbor, and behold, she bore him, in tears, an oak tree -- which grew all day, and then fell over, like a bridge. And lo, under the bridge there came a catfish, and he was very big, and he was walking, and he was the biggest he had seen. And so, with the fiery balls of this fish, one of which is the sun, and the other, they called the moon...
Firesign Theater, We're All Bozos On This Bus, 1971

Bushmaster2000

First Name
Jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I ordered my XLT in mid June order 1001 and still have not gotten a vin number. Why is it taking so long to get them produced. Have seen they have canceled production dates twice now and still do not understand why.
Were you not aware of the timeline? They collected orders well in advance of going into production. Production started like August 18th or so, before that date they weren't making them for consumer orders. So it's been 6 days bro.

Reactions: JJC

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stock delivery is delayed until all retail orders are fulfilled is what I have been told. This may have changed, but it would explain some bad dealer behavior and why we have forum members with build dates having already begun.
I placed the third order with my dealer. None have been scheduled. But they did get a stock order built. So that conflicts with your data.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly, this is completely wrong. Sure, I used to believe it. But since 1971 I have known the truth:

Firesign Theater, We're All Bozos On This Bus, 1971
I know two things to be true: Bob says for I can send in 1$ in return for “Eternal salvation or triple your money back!” And it’s turtles all the way down.

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Relax people. New model launches are always a rodeo and don't forget we are still in a global pandemic that is making globally sourced parts and components slow to arrive. Yes the chip shortage. Yes the people in the factories (COVID-19). Don't forget global shipping ports - China specifically where some parts come from - are chronically backed up.

No production dates have been "cancelled" rather scheduling rounds have not happened the last couple weeks. That is not a cancellation that is a pause in scheduling until they get their ducks swimming at speed so they know what they can schedule.
This is solid. I'm waiting 6 weeks for an awning. I waited months for a freezer. I've been waiting over a year for a titanium spork!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I placed the third order with my dealer. None have been scheduled. But they did get a stock order built. So that conflicts with your data.
Which dealer because as of this date, no one is supposed to have taken delivery it’s just trainers

Spectrasonic

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi A5 Sportback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LET ME DUMB IT DOWN FOR THOSE WHO EITHER DON’T, OR REFUSE, TO GET IT
Customer X orders a Green Maverick on June 1st
Customer Y orders a purple Maverick August 15th
They’re BOTH told arrival in
fall and no idea of when.

August 16th Ford gets a trainload of purple paint but the green paint is back ordered. They build the purple one. Did they screw the guy who ordered a green one??? He keeps saying: “I ordered mine 6 weeks before he ordered that purple one!!”
Whoa, how do I order a green or purple Maverick? Can I get both green AND purple??🤣

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoa, how do I order a green or purple Maverick? Can I get both green AND purple??🤣
Ours will be a green and purple Hypershift, but it’s the company colours and a DYC coating

Reactions: JJC

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which dealer because as of this date, no one is supposed to have taken delivery it’s just trainers
I edited my post shortly after sending. The stock build is schedule. it has not been delivered.

Still, it has been scheduled before three retail orders. My order is a 19 so there's no funny business there.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only actual data I have (the spreadsheet on this site and various posts made by members)** doesn't really provide much in the way of answers. I see orders dated a month or two after mine with build dates. Some of those orders look just like mine (based on the limited descriptions in the spreadsheet). XLTs, Hybrids, Cactus Gray, CoPilot360, no other packages. No meaningful pattern emerges.

If I had to guess, I would say that some of the unevenness is because some customers are given lower priority, some dealers are more favored than others, and some shipping routes are more attractive to Ford at this point. Not just build constraints, and in some cases not build constraints at all.

** Please don't tell me that this is unscientific, self-reported, internet data. We all know that. Regardless of its shortcomings, it is a decent collection of anecdotal data that I think it's fair to assume represents -- with some data entry errors -- what these members really ordered and what dates they have been given.

Last edited:

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where have you been the last 2 years? There are shortages of everything
Sponsored