First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For what I do, where I work, the 3.3l HEV is the direction we are heading . Makes perfect sense when the goal is to reduce engine idle time and ultimately save on fuel costs. Consider an 8, 10 or 12 hour work day where continuous calls for service are within a small footprint. Huge battery and great warranty. Less fuel burnt with a green tint. Plus 1.

I, however, as an individual vehicle owner, don't like the clunky nature of an HEV. If you want an HEV, do yourself a favor and spend a few hours in one.
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For what I do, where I work, the 3.3l HEV is the direction we are heading . Makes perfect sense when the goal is to reduce engine idle time and ultimately save on fuel costs. Consider an 8, 10 or 12 hour work day where continuous calls for service are within a small footprint. Huge battery and great warranty. Less fuel burnt with a green tint. Plus 1.

I, however, as an individual vehicle owner, don't like the clunky nature of an HEV. If you want an HEV, do yourself a favor and spend a few hours in one.
Which type of HEV are you working with? Not sure what clunky nature you are dealing with, not something I have experienced in my Hybrid, other than when the engine is cold.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably an F-150 or Explorer PowerBoost. They're a different hybrid setup than the Maverick uses.
Yes, the 3.3L MHT powertrain is in the Explorer. The Maverick is a 'power split' hybrid where the engine and motor are parallel paths to the final drive.

The 3.3L is an MHT where the motor is in line with the engine and there is a clutch between them.
Sponsored