Sponsored

Why am I running LED Daytime Running Lights?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No, but seriously - everyone should be an organ donor. Serious.
A'hem...... every healthy person should be an organ donor. There's a % of the population that need not apply. But nice sentiment.
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

but how many Ford headlight LED lamps have you had to replace?
I've yet to replace any household LEDs (I didn't buy them until they were cheap enough to make sense, though - 2014-2016 I'd guess)
I still have some led bulbs working in the house since 2003.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would think that having DRL turned on while driving city streets has more of a benefit that on a highway.

It would help in preventing someone making a left hand turn into oncoming traffic. On a divided highway where everyone is driving the same direction the only time you would see someones DRL is in the rear view mirror.
Good point on left hand turners….

Cromwell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know this is a bit of topic, but what type of oil do you use…

Wait for it…

It will be good, trust me…

when sautéing broccoli?
🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗
I had never heard of sautéed broccoli before I read this. I like broccoli so might try it sometime. But I'm having kippers for lunch.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had never heard of sautéed broccoli before I read this. I like broccoli so might try it sometime. But I'm having kippers for lunch.
The chef aka wife, puts broccoli in toaster oven for 10-12 min. So far has not tried in air fryer?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Broccoli and broccolini, what's the difference?
Broccoli has a thick, woody stem and a large, flowering head. Broccolini is a cross between broccoli and Chinese broccoli, and also belongs to the cabbage family. Broccolini have long, firm stalks (thinner and more tender than those of broccoli), a few small leaves and small florets.Oct 7, 2022

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Smoked kippers and broccoli is really good, you lucky puppy!

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A'hem...... every healthy person should be an organ donor. There's a % of the population that need not apply. But nice sentiment.
I am signed up to be an organ donor. If they don't want mine, that is on them. I was on the marrow list, had a match for someone that needed marrow and they wouldn't let me donate because I am fat. I told them they are stupid.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The chef aka wife, puts broccoli in toaster oven for 10-12 min. So far has not tried in air fryer?
toss in olive oil mixed with a little minced garlic. then toss in some Italian bread crumbs and parmesan, bake at 425 until starting to brown. that is my go to broccoli prep right now.

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My brain hurts reading this thread as any DRL thread on this forum

The amount of you that don’t understand what DRL means is staggering.

“Daytime running light“ : A light that is on, when the vehicle is running, in the daytime. Could be an existing light, could be a light dedicated to just this function, could be an indicator glowing.

The maverick uses its full power low beams for DRL. If you have a lariat, they have a separate lighting strip that is used as the DRL. Both are LED.

🤦‍♂️

caa60126

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT X4 4K Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like running likes on. I can see the lights way before I see the vehicles, especially with the earthy colors. I’d prefer ya use em, personal choice of course but maybe use the logic of its a courtesy to others? It would be to me anyway.

Last edited:

Guy_K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe that DRL's are a good thing and IF my 22 XLT Maverick had DRL's separate from the LED low beams they would be on now.
However since I drive at night I feel they are much more critical there.
LED technology is getting better but still has a ways to go to prove reliability. I see too many LED street light conversions that the color changes to a blue (I believe it is a filter that falls off) or are strobing rapidly. I also noticed that when the automakers first started using LED's in rear brake lights there was a high failure rate. I am sure it is better now but I want to preserve my low beams for night driving.

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And then there are the idiots that don't turn on their lights until well after sunset. Around dusk, lights don't help you see, but they sure do make you visible. I think some people are of the opinion that until they need them to see, there's no reason to turn on their lights.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

These are the same people that don’t bother to turn on their lights when they’re driving in the rain because “I can see fine”.
And then there are the idiots that don't turn on their lights until well after sunset. Around dusk, lights don't help you see, but they sure do make you visible. I think some people are of the opinion that until they need them to see, there's no reason to turn on their lights.
Sponsored