First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see people calling it a “hood.” Sorry, be more civilized - it’s a bonnet. The Brits got that right at least.

Sorry but I have to bring some smart ass to threads that some are taking WAY too serious.
Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see people calling it a “hood.” Sorry, be more civilized - it’s a bonnet. The Brits got that right at least.

Sorry but I have to bring some smart ass to threads that some are taking WAY too serious.
I bet you call the trunk a “boot” too 👢

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Thinking about this more, is it due to cost-cutting that an engine cover isn’t stock or would it potentially rub the hood? Not sure what the clearance from the upper intake manifold/top of the engine is to the hood on a Maverick.

I know the engine cover on mine is fairly thick and raised up but the engine bay is designed to support up to a 5.8 liter supercharged V8 (Shelby gt500 engine) so it has plenty of room but it would definitely be tight if the center section of the hood wasn’t raised significantly stock.
Just finished looking at Sam Haymart's video, until then wasn't aware 2.0 EB Mavericks don't have the cover. I'm sure some brave soul will buy one and let us know if it fits/if the hood (or Bonnet for all you Anglophiles) can be closed with it installed.

Aesthetics aside, not surprising that Mavericks don't come with a cover. Until 2019, F150 2.7 EB's came with engine covers, then Ford stopped using them. Collective wisdom was that it was definitely a cost reduction measure in that it wasn't needed. Plus many reports that the cover acted as a heat sink, raising intake air temps (IAT). Many people with F150's that had engine covers removed them for this reason, with measurably lower IAT's without the covers. No Engine Cover for 2019 2.7's - Page 4 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

If you live in a hot ambient climate location and/or plan to do a lot of towing close to load limits, might think twice before trying to retrofit one. On the other hand, if you're in a really cold ambient climate, might wish you had it. IDK what's best, but where I live, no reason for me to think about trying to retrofit one.

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
I just picked up my engine cover. Fits perfectly you will need to buy 2 studs. For the back

Ztnichol

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just picked up my engine cover. Fits perfectly you will need to buy 2 studs. For the back
Could you please post pictures and a link if purchased online? Or at least part #. Thanks

Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could you please post pictures and a link if purchased online? Or at least part #. Thanks
There’s a whole thread literally like 150 posts deep with all the part numbers and prices and everything. Search “escape engine cover”

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
You guys need to try and find a car from the 80's or 90's, todays engines look like a work of art. I was so happy to see my new F150 5.0 was devoid of one of these food trays. I do have one from my wives 2019, 2.0 Escape in the SA area, first thing I took off.

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
I purchase it at the parts store at ford dealership. Just go there and tell them you been a ford maverick engine cover it be the same thing as the 2021 ford escape 2.0 and the ford bronco sport 2.0 also will need to buy just 1 stud and 1 nut. If you have ford rewards you can use that to cover the cost.
Sponsored