Sponsored

Who "stepped down" to XL because of the ugly interior color choices of XLT? (Not because of cost savings)

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It sounds like a hot setup I probably would have done the same if it was available at the time. The good news is I'm still very happy with my dolled up XL all-wheel drive. 👍
I'm glad you ended up getting what you liked.
You too. I plan on ordering another Maverick - one for my son - when the 2024 Model Year order banks open. It will be an Ecoboost XL. I have not decided if it will be AWD or FWD yet.

I hope you are enjoying your Maverick as much as I will enjoy mine when I get it back from my son.
Sponsored

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I would hate it and did all the research when the Mav order banks first opened to see how I could replace the orange accents. But when I got the truck, I love it! I even added a black steering wheel cover with orange stitching and added black seat covers

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted Cruise Control but decided I couldn't possibly live with the interior color choice of XLT. I find the Navy Pier with grey inserts, orange accents along with the horrible light grey dash panel and half door panels just looked like a mash up. I felt it looked so juvenile and that the combo wouldn't age well in three or four years.

The charcoal interior of the XL just looks better to me. I can live with the blue plastics on the balance of the interior.

I ended up ordering an XL AWD, Towing, 360, spray in liner etc. Gonna add a Rostra cruise control when they have a Mav kit available for around $300 unless a more "stock" Ford option comes to fruition.
I purchased an XLT because I liked it better than the Lariat interior. And the XL for that matter.

DannyP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2017 Escape SE, 1929 Model A Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the XLT because I liked it better than the other choices.

Deleted member 1483

I only ordered the XLT because I wanted cruise control. I am glad I did because I love the aesthetic

Sponsored

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted Cruise Control but decided I couldn't possibly live with the interior color choice of XLT. I find the Navy Pier with grey inserts, orange accents along with the horrible light grey dash panel and half door panels just looked like a mash up. I felt it looked so juvenile and that the combo wouldn't age well in three or four years.

The charcoal interior of the XL just looks better to me. I can live with the blue plastics on the balance of the interior.

I ended up ordering an XL AWD, Towing, 360, spray in liner etc. Gonna add a Rostra cruise control when they have a Mav kit available for around $300 unless a more "stock" Ford option comes to fruition.

I agree, like most i ordered without seeing: -HPR came with a blue interior I had it a couple of months and then sent it down the road. Retired and a F150 for backup. ordered a 23XL black onyx-med dark slate interior, carbonized gray metallic exterior arrived with cruise, fits me much better, probably a better choice for an old guy

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I actually like the XLT interior but I'd agree it doesn't always look good with some colors, same with the Lariat. If you don't mind spending the extra $$ you can always get the BAP.
Sponsored