First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Yamaha FZ-07
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted one that could work with Elevate TS rails, so I went with the Rough Country hard tri-fold.
$639 - $25 + tax at ReconRecovery (sign up for email for coupon) for a bit more than the Amazon/ebay ones, but less than the Bak/etc, I think its a good price point option (also, none of the cheap, hard ones can work with the bed rail/rack setups)
I use the Elevate TS rails to support a self-built folding ladder rack, and I've been searching for a hard folding cover that will fit between the T-slots with my mounts installed. I tried an early version of the BAK Revolver but it would not fit with the Elevate rails sandwiched in too. That experience also made me want to avoid any cover with wide/fragile extruded aluminum mounting rails that impede side access to the bed. Can you comment on the shape of the rails regarding their interference when reaching over the side into the bed, and how tight the fitment (width) is with the Elevate system in place?
Ford Maverick Who has an Amazon tri-fold hard bed cover Junk
Sponsored

OP
OP

lawsonland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put this one on a couple of weeks ago. I like it. Itā€™s been in a thunderstorm and through the car wash twice. I check each time and only see a few small drops of leakage.

I have a drop in bed liner any idea if thats an issue?

2023AWD

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I havenā€™t seen a drop in for the maverick, so Iā€™m not sure. I would guess itā€™s no problem.

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't put the weather strip on the front edge. I think it's too thick and seems to seal better without it.
Took the truck to the hand spray car wash today, and the tonneau did leak just a bit. I did have the weather strip installed across the front edge, and noticed a tiny gap there. I will see if I can tighten up the front a bit. If not I'll pull the weather strip off.

Reactions: HTX

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lund Hard Tri-Fold Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
I got this from Amazon. Easy to install and very little leakage in high pressure car wash. Bad part it out of stock. Was $570. I wouldn't buy again only because I'm old and have a hard time releasing the hold downs.

Sponsored

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB LUX FX4 4K CG
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is the same one I have. Same seller even. Im getting quite a bit of water inside. Will follow up once I use the weather stripping.
May I ask from which areas are you getting water? On my threat, someone mentioned from the gaps of the tail gate. I believe thereā€™s also the small gaps close to the curve on the bulkhead. I added small pieces of weather stopping to seal the gap.

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
May I ask from which areas are you getting water? On my threat, someone mentioned from the gaps of the tail gate. I believe thereā€™s also the small gaps close to the curve on the bulkhead. I added small pieces of weather stopping to seal the gap.
Based on my quick inspection was both of those places plus some at the joints where it folds and there is no foam. Iā€™ll try and get it sealed and then provide more feedback.

Mine also doesnā€™t sit square to the back window. Seems like it was not built quite square so I have to ā€œsplit the differenceā€ aligning it on the rails. Hard to show but hereā€™s some photos.

Ford Maverick Who has an Amazon tri-fold hard bed cover FD1F055E-2F60-48C3-B6B9-E78F560A0B00

Ford Maverick Who has an Amazon tri-fold hard bed cover 05EF0C46-FD0D-4A41-AC3C-475CC01A83D2

Ford Maverick Who has an Amazon tri-fold hard bed cover 923CED7C-870C-48B7-9A59-DC611BDBB495

Ford Maverick Who has an Amazon tri-fold hard bed cover AEDFB108-A658-4CDC-805A-2E3C3F6B54F3

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Based on my quick inspection was both of those places plus some at the joints where it folds and there is no foam. Iā€™ll try and get it sealed and then provide more feedback.

Mine also doesnā€™t sit square to the back window. Seems like it was not built quite square so I have to ā€œsplit the differenceā€ aligning it on the rails. Hard to show but hereā€™s some photos.

FD1F055E-2F60-48C3-B6B9-E78F560A0B00.jpeg

05EF0C46-FD0D-4A41-AC3C-475CC01A83D2.jpeg
Okay. I also noticed it was not perfectly

FD1F055E-2F60-48C3-B6B9-E78F560A0B00.jpeg

05EF0C46-FD0D-4A41-AC3C-475CC01A83D2.jpeg

923CED7C-870C-48B7-9A59-DC611BDBB495.jpeg

AEDFB108-A658-4CDC-805A-2E3C3F6B54F3.jpeg
I've noticed those same things.
now about the leaking areas. I will need to take a look these days that itā€™s raining here.

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay. I also noticed it was not perfectly

I've noticed those same things.
now about the leaking areas. I will need to take a look these days that itā€™s raining here.
Ok thanks for confirming you saw the same! Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not a good cover, especially for the price. Just need to manage expectations. I actually did an offer of $350 which the seller accepted which makes this a good value.

Last edited:

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my eBay Tonneau looking pretty leakproof now. Instead of removing the weatherstrip I'd applied along the front section I just loosened up the latches and lifted the front edge enough to place a about a six inch section down each side from the front strip going back. Seems to have sealed up that gap to where I no longer see light shining through from the inside.

OP
OP

lawsonland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my eBay Tonneau looking pretty leakproof now. Instead of removing the weatherstrip I'd applied along the front section I just loosened up the latches and lifted the front edge enough to place a about a six inch section down each side from the front strip going back. Seems to have sealed up that gap to where I no longer see light shining through from the inside.
Do you have a drop in bed liner.

OP
OP

lawsonland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't put the weather strip on the front edge. I think it's too thick and seems to seal better without it.
Do you have a bed liner. I have the drop in and wondering if it's a issue
Sponsored