Sponsored

Which soft-top tonneau to pick?

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang, 01 Sport Trac, 11 Volt
I am going to get a soft-top trifold for my Maverick and between getting the cover from Gator or Extang. I originally had Truxedo on the list, but seen several complaints on the cover being about 1/2" too short. Can anyone provide feedback on either cover? Looking to purchase sometime this week as my truck officially hit the production line today!
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang, 01 Sport Trac, 11 Volt
Actually the Truxedo complaints were for a roll-up cover. And I should have also said I am looking to spend up to $400 (the Extang goes for less than that when Real Truck does their 10% off).

Bikeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD XLT Hybrid Mav
I got the Gator tri-fold because it was the cheapest I could find ($250.ish). I had to re-tighten it once already because it catches wind under it and moved around on me. Install is a breeze, but directions said only tighten 2 turns after touching the bed-sides. I did that. When I re-tightened it they weren't even touching the bed-sides anymore so I just did 10 turns. I should probably check if I've bent the flimsy bedsides though.

*Edit: The Gator looks identical to the NAPA Trident as seen above. Might as well give the NAPA a shot because it's cheaper and Free shipping.
Sponsored