Sponsored

Which Mavericks builds / specs will deliver first?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Prediction time! My guess is that Ford will want to get what they think the most popular combination will be, out in the market to stimulate more interest. It’s obvious from their photo emphasis on Area 51 (backed up by what our group is actually ordering) that you’ll see that color first. So here is my prediction:

Maverick XLT with luxury package
FWD hybrid
Area 51
In the North country, 2.0 AWD
Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to argue with XLT, luxury package, hybrid and Area 51 for that prediction. Unfortunately I only have one part of that (hybrid) so clearly I'm hoping that's incorrect. 🤣

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think anyone at this time knows the priority of builds. It depends on too many factors. But all things being equal, if I were in charge at Ford, I would look at the bottom line. It seems to make sense to me that in most cases (not all, but most), the higher the price tag the more profit you make. The fancier it is, the more public appeal it will carry. I would fill the most expensive builds first. That means Lariat and those with the most options going to the front of the line. From a business perspective, I want to pocket the most profit as soon as possible and I would want to go before the public with my fanciest model. Of course, the fact that I have on order a Lariat that is pretty well loaded did not influence what I just said - not much anyway!

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
Most expensive ones would be first with common options like 360 and Luxury packages! Or better look at the First Edition - this is the option set that will be plenty of on start.

Last edited:

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m at $32,015 with an XLT, 2.0, AWD, XLT LUX, CoPiolt 360, 4K Tow, FX4, Hot Pepper Red. I hope that build is up first in scheduling.

Sponsored

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
I’m at $32,015 with an XLT, 2.0, AWD, XLT LUX, CoPiolt 360, 4K Tow, FX4, Hot Pepper Red. I hope that build is up first in scheduling.
I’m exact same as Scooter66 but in Area 51 plus the full size spare. No upcharge for my paint color.

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m exact same as Scooter66 but in Area 51 plus the full size spare. No upcharge for my paint color.
I forgot, I did opt for the full size spare. I’m also wanting to get a teardrop trailer that’s why I wanted the 4K towing package.
Ford Maverick Which Mavericks builds / specs will deliver first? 1625404227075

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
The most expensive ones usually have accessories and options that are on delay.

I feel that in this environment with supply constraints will have Ford wanting to get out what they can when they can.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I'm at 20380 with destination. I would love to be under 20k. Area 51 xl with rear power outlet. Maybe they'll start at the bottom up.

Almost as barebones as i can get.

Got to thank Ed and the rest of Chapman on the incredible deal.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I think some people have the mistaken impression that color will play big into this, but unless it's a late arriving color like rapid red I don't think so.

Go watch some videos of vehicles rolling off the assembly line. You don't see all the same color. You see multiple colors. These are painted by machine, and having several bodies with different colors in the line doesn't seem to be a problem. I think the bigger issue is the mechanical changes between the models, like hybrid vs 2.0, fwd vs awd.

Sponsored

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I forgot, I did opt for the full size spare. I’m also wanting to get a teardrop trailer that’s why I wanted the 4K towing package.
1625404227075.jpeg
If you want a Teardrop try "Camp INN" as they make one great trailer. We had one before we had to go larger to accommodate more people.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think some people have the mistaken impression that color will play big into this, but unless it's a late arriving color like rapid red I don't think so.

Go watch some videos of vehicles rolling off the assembly line. You don't see all the same color. You see multiple colors. These are painted by machine, and having several bodies with different colors in the line doesn't seem to be a problem. I think the bigger issue is the mechanical changes between the models, like hybrid vs 2.0, fwd vs awd.
Typically the colors are batch built in the body shop and held in an area where they get 'picked' based on the rotation number being called up next and sent into assembly. Everything at that point sequences into preassembly for that rotation number and meets the main assembly point just in time for the sequenced vehicle.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Typically the colors are batch built in the body shop and held in an area where they get 'picked' based on the rotation number being called up next and sent into assembly. Everything at that point sequences into preassembly for that rotation number and meets the main assembly point just in time for the sequenced vehicle.
good info. Having never worked in, or even visited a vehicle factory, I was wondering how they built the vehicles? Batches of identical configuration? By platform with component swapability on the fly as it moves down the line or?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Prediction time! My guess is that Ford will want to get what they think the most popular combination will be, out in the market to stimulate more interest. It’s obvious from their photo emphasis on Area 51 (backed up by what our group is actually ordering) that you’ll see that color first. So here is my prediction:

Maverick XLT with luxury package
FWD hybrid
Area 51
In the North country, 2.0 AWD
logically I would think they go for low hanging fruit 1st: configurations where they have ALL parts on hand to complete builds with no late availability items and get those out the door onto transport trucks ASAP. The 1st couple shifts will likely still be fine tuning the line processes too and the less complexity the better in the case of hiccups to be resolved. Having to start-stop-start the line to make changes wastes time and $ and I assume they would want to minimize that.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That makes sense to me. The paint process is really separate from the build process, so have painted bodies ready to hit the line in any color, and tell the line in batches, probably staying with the largest volume order combinations.
Sponsored