First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
low pressure one is in the fuel tank, high pressure pump is on top of the valve cover.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
low pressure one is in the fuel tank, high pressure pump is on top of the valve cover.
Thank you! So it's one of those deals where if the low pressure pump fails you have to drop the tank out? Always found this annoying.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! So it's one of those deals where if the low pressure pump fails you have to drop the tank out? Always found this annoying.
My '06 Escape had a removable hatch under the rear seat bottom that allowed easy fuel pump access without dropping the tank. I suspect the Maverick's tank is too far aft for this?

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My '06 Escape had a removable hatch under the rear seat bottom that allowed easy fuel pump access without dropping the tank. I suspect the Maverick's tank is too far aft for this?
Haven't been able to tell from the videos so far but it looks pretty buried under there. I kind of doubt there is easy access. Any reports on failing pumps in escapes or broncos?

Sponsored

AnchorChain

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT, 2019 Rav4
Is this a question for future awareness or something? An odd question in a new vehicle. I know my Rav4 is under the rear seat. Most vehicles this size have seemed to be accessed there. Maybe take a look?

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this a question for future awareness or something? An odd question in a new vehicle. I know my Rav4 is under the rear seat. Most vehicles this size have seemed to be accessed there. Maybe take a look?
Trying to gauge the level of DIY repair we will be able to do. I had just been reading about someone with a bad fuel pump and it made me wonder about the mav.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The high pressure fuel pump is more likely to go out than the low pressure one. Ford actually makes pretty good Fuel Pumps, you don't usually see them go bad, my Aerostar is running the original fuel pump.

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@FORD BOSS ME would be the one to answer this correctly. He has access to all the Maverick service paperwork.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pray that your low pressure fuel pump does not go out. You have to drop the exhaust, remove the driveshaft, LH air deflector, LH shield, disconnect evap lines and electical connectors, using jack, lower fuel tank to access pump.

Sponsored

fordusa774

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
I have a better question did they place the water pump inside the engine? If they did I’m not buying this car I just paid $3000 to replace a water pump in my 2016 Ford Explorer because Ford thought it was a genius idea to place the water pump inside/under the engine. Can someone please help if they know where the water pump is located?

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since i dont know am i allowed to give a smart ass answer as a form of humor? Lol
Be my guest. My question was merely idle speculation.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven't been able to tell from the videos so far but it looks pretty buried under there. I kind of doubt there is easy access. Any reports on failing pumps in escapes or broncos?
There was a recall this past July on defective Fuel Delivery Modules on both the Escapes and Bronco Sports (over 10,000 units). My BS/BL was one of them. First it was waiting on missing chips and then it had the FDM recall. I just took delivery of my Bronco Sport after it was repaired last week nine months after I placed the original order in March. Ford is just now finishing repairing them after getting the replacement parts from the supplier.

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Pray that your low pressure fuel pump does not go out. You have to drop the exhaust, remove the driveshaft, LH air deflector, LH shield, disconnect evap lines and electical connectors, using jack, lower fuel tank to access pump.
What he said^^^^
Sponsored