First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then you have someone erroneously saying the charger has an ''insane'' price tag of $500, which is actually so wrong that it is more than double the real price.

$250 is a sane price for a Qi charger ? You sharing what you are smoking ?

Also, I saw that price last year, and it was over $500, so the price must of dropped. Discussed here but the link where it was is now defunct.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/wireless-charging-pad-part-number.3593/
Sponsored

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then you have people telling OP that the charger is only available on the Lariat trim, even though it is plain to see that OP clearly has a Lariat based on his profile box.
Lariat with Luxury package only, can't tell if OP has Lux package.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Apple phone so the wireless charging is useless with Apple car play requiring the phone to be plugged in. This constant plug in does not allow the phone to discharge before recharging. if it only used blue tooth for connectivity. However don’t blame Ford this is a Apple requirement. Had I known I would have purchased the Galaxy phone Which connects via Bluetooth.
Apple sucks because the cord is always in the way Of the cup holders sand the council. I have also found out the wireless charger is affected by your protective case and other factors. Over all a poor ergonomic design in my opinion.
Android Auto also requires plugging in the phone to use on a Maverick.
There are Wireless adapter options for Android and Apple.

Android and Apple have the same functions, streaming Audio, over Bluetooth.

Buy a 6" cord and you'll have no cords in the way. I have one for Android as well as iPhone.
www.amazon.com/Certified-Charging-Lightning-Charger-Braided/dp/B096QJ5LLH/ref=sr_1_13?crid=3U63AR1MWFHCK&keywords=6+inch+lightning+cable&qid=1667723084&sprefix=6+inch+lightning+cable%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-13

Last edited:

Sponsored

Newtotrucksvt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Apple phone so the wireless charging is useless with Apple car play requiring the phone to be plugged in. This constant plug in does not allow the phone to discharge before recharging. if it only used blue tooth for connectivity. However don’t blame Ford this is a Apple requirement. Had I known I would have purchased the Galaxy phone Which connects via Bluetooth.
Apple sucks because the cord is always in the way Of the cup holders sand the council. I have also found out the wireless charger is affected by your protective case and other factors. Over all a poor ergonomic design in my opinion.
I'm selling a wireless apple carplay adapter (because I didn't realize it wasn't Android, then missed the return window waiting for the truck to be delivered). If you're interested PM me.

Ford Maverick Where’s the Wireless Charger? Screenshot_20221101-190807_Amazon Shoppin

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

DonaldD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DonaldD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The wireless charger in my Mav is useless. Phone looses charge when on the charger. I have the dongle and have to plug in anyway.
Same with mine I wondered it you have to turn it on?? I will just plug in and not worry about it

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's been observed many times that all these things should be ordered before your truck comes in.🥰
yep, those folks are all on the roll over list :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

yep, those folks are all on the roll over list :ROFLMAO:
I'm not a rollover. I already have a MY22 Maverick XL. I wanted an FX4, so I ordered a MY23 in September. The parts for this upgrade, however, will be for the MY23 if and when I get it.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same with mine I wondered it you have to turn it on?? I will just plug in and not worry about it
I mostly use mine for my Samsung buds headphones that have wireless charging, and my gym phone which is an old Moto Droid turbo 2.

I plug my Pixel 6 pro in to use Android Auto.

OP
OP

DonaldD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DonaldD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See the battery symbol in this photo?

Screenshot_20221104-170223_Chrome.jpg

See the battery symbol in this photo?
I found it, but it works just the opposite. It discharges my cell phone battery. I have an older Samsung S8. I wonder if you have to turn it on with a setting. Is anyone else having this issue?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found it, but it works just the opposite. It discharges my cell phone battery. I have an older Samsung S8. I wonder if you have to turn it on with a setting. Is anyone else having this issue?
It doesn't discharge your phone. If your phone is centered on the pad, the phone should indicate that is charging. The bottom of the Lock Screen should indicate wireless charging and it should show charging at the top of the screen as well.

Have you used wireless charging on your SGS8 before?
Sponsored