Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Awd XLT tremor with lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Aren't civics of a certain vintage the most stolen cars? We had a 96 accord and the tuners loved them because they were easy to modify. Always afraid it was going to get stolen .
definitely, their the easiest to sell under the radar and they have a great resale value
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
definitely, their the easiest to sell under the radar and they have a great resale value
Chop shop go brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wheel locks do absolutely nothing to stop someone who wants to steal your rims.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had great luck with mixing locking lug nuts to protect spare wheels on my wrangler (hot theft item in Philly) and gorilla locking lug nuts on my Mustang.

For the Wrangler, I was actually questioned by the police one time because they didn’t understand why my Wrangler was the only one in my neighborhood still with a spare wheel on it and everyone else with Wranglers had theirs stolen. There was not a spare tire cover on my spare wheel and not even a scratch on the wheels but I bought three different locking lug nuts to keep the spare on and it worked. 8 years parked in bad neighborhoods, never an issue with that Jeep too.

For my Mustang, judging by how badly one gorilla lug nut was rounded off, thieves attempted one time a few years ago but gave up. I simply bought a new gorilla lug nut set and was on my way when I noticed it doing a tire rotation. No problems since and I still use them today, especially with how expensive tires are these days.

Will it stop everyone? No but from my experience it’s at least worked a few times and that’s better than zero lol.

Last edited:

S Dundee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Salvadore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, Project Farm tested most of the big wheel lock brands, most took under 1 minute to remove. 1.30s I think was the best.
Gotta love Project Farm!!! That dude tests everything.

The Cyber Orange Guy.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Devu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick cyber orange
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
having lived in The Bronx, NY most of my life I can honestly say there’s always wheels getting stolen. From all kinds of cars. My cousin’s and some friends included. And that was just a couple of years ago.
But yes they can do it in as little as 5 mins. Two guys, impact gun and a quick lift aluminum Jack.
Between car wheels on the bronx and bike wheels steals at Manhattan there's no such a thing as a safe place on nyc.
Sponsored