First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally received my Maverick Hybrid, FE, Lux Pkg, CoPilot 360 on 10/14/22. Ordered 7/26/21. Thought I had all my bases covered before truck came in to dealer, such as Sales Mgr signed off as I did on the initial DORA with my RSVP. When came to signing all the papers, Gen Sales Mgr priced it as MSRP as window sticker, which was $1890 higher than my Ford Protected Price. When I challenged him, he said when they (dealer) receives his rebate from Ford, he will then cut me a check for whatever Ford rebates the dealership. I told him, that would increase my Sales Taxes several hundred dollars as well, but he wouldn't budge. Also, added Theft Protection (window etching) $199 which I did not authorize, his reply, we do all our vehicles when they come in. Told me I could cancel the order & he'd refund my deposit. So, obviously I was not in a good position & signed off on the vehicle. Now, my question is, I have a feeling the rebate the dealer receives is not the $1890 since we're talking Retail vs Wholesale. Anyone want to venture a guess what the dealer will refund me? He did give me IOU piece of paper stating they would cut me a check when they receive their rebate. I'm going to wait until first of the year before I contact the dealer, as it has been over 60 days now since I picked up the truck.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't believe that you'll see the money.

Are you enjoying your FE? Hopefully this doesn't spoil your good time.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Blast them on Yelp and BBB.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have a scummy dealer. I would tell them that is NOT how it works and tell him you will make his dealer well known online as a scummy place Maybe it works maybe not. Worth a shot. Not sure what else you can do. I doubt you ever see any money from them ever.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I seem to recall other post about dealer calling to come pick up their check, think positive, chances are you’ll get a check. I have heard others mention that Ford is slow on cutting those checks to dealers and that’s why some dealers do it that way, if that’s true can’t say I could blame them

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally received my Maverick Hybrid, FE, Lux Pkg, CoPilot 360 on 10/14/22. Ordered 7/26/21. Thought I had all my bases covered before truck came in to dealer, such as Sales Mgr signed off as I did on the initial DORA with my RSVP. When came to signing all the papers, Gen Sales Mgr priced it as MSRP as window sticker, which was $1890 higher than my Ford Protected Price. When I challenged him, he said when they (dealer) receives his rebate from Ford, he will then cut me a check for whatever Ford rebates the dealership. I told him, that would increase my Sales Taxes several hundred dollars as well, but he wouldn't budge. Also, added Theft Protection (window etching) $199 which I did not authorize, his reply, we do all our vehicles when they come in. Told me I could cancel the order & he'd refund my deposit. So, obviously I was not in a good position & signed off on the vehicle. Now, my question is, I have a feeling the rebate the dealer receives is not the $1890 since we're talking Retail vs Wholesale. Anyone want to venture a guess what the dealer will refund me? He did give me IOU piece of paper stating they would cut me a check when they receive their rebate. I'm going to wait until first of the year before I contact the dealer, as it has been over 60 days now since I picked up the truck.
The price protection for the dealer is based on the increase in "invoice price" (less any difference in the fuel expense), so it won't be the same as the MSRP increase (but should be in the ballpark).
I have heard of many dealers doing it this way. It usually takes Ford 4-6 weeks to pay this price protection to the dealer. So 45-60 days is a reasonable time frame from the dealer to send you the check.
Sounds like a good plan to check back in with them after the new year!

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Seems to show a lack of trust between the dealerships and Ford.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does 1890 cause several hundred dollars in taxes?
here in CO, when we register a vehicle for 1st time, whether new or used- DMV software calculates a "Personal Property tax" which is based on MSRP of the year of vehicle brand new. Does not take into account any discounts, trade ins or other consideration. This personal tax is the highest tax on annual registration (even more than State Sales tax which is already paid at dealer as part of sale), and it very slowly drops a little per year before stabilizing in either year 5 or 6. The more you pay as MSRP listed on window sticker and invoice, the more tax you pay for at least those initial 5-6 years.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP seems to be in Illinois, sales tax there is 7.25% from what I see. There may be county tax in addition, as much as .75%.

So, tax on a First Edition would be like .0725 x $1890 = $137 or a bit more.

OP
OP

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
here in CO, when we register a vehicle for 1st time, whether new or used- DMV software calculates a "Personal Property tax" which is based on MSRP of the year of vehicle brand new. Does not take into account any discounts, trade ins or other consideration. This personal tax is the highest tax on annual registration (even more than State Sales tax which is already paid at dealer as part of sale), and it very slowly drops a little per year before stabilizing in either year 5 or 6. The more you pay as MSRP listed on window sticker and invoice, the more tax you pay for at least those initial 5-6 years.
MSRP as delivered $
How does 1890 cause several hundred dollars in taxes?
OK, somewhat less, but close - at 9.75% here in IL $184.28.

Sponsored

Bootoyz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So who do you contact at Ford concerning price protection? My dealer told me they haven't gotten the check yet and to contact Ford about it. I called earlier and whoever I talked to at Ford claimed there was no such thing. It's been 3 months already. WTF........

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If ya don't get any results from your dealer in a reasonable time period, let Mr. Farley know on twitter, (@jimfarley98) . No idea if that would help or not, It's a shame that Ford Owners have to get involved to this point on a policy that Ford implemented, IMO.

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If ya don't get any results from your dealer in a reasonable time period, let Mr. Farley know on twitter, (@jimfarley98) . No idea if that would help or not, It's a shame that Ford Owners have to get involved to this point on a policy that Ford implemented, IMO.
This is correct, Jim Farley did ask the public to post about anything they are having problems with

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I seem to recall other post about dealer calling to come pick up their check, think positive, chances are you’ll get a check. I have heard others mention that Ford is slow on cutting those checks to dealers and that’s why some dealers do it that way, if that’s true can’t say I could blame them
I wonder why Ford has a supposed rebate for him but not everyone else I know that bought a Maverick? And I got my FE at original price, no mark up. I'm confused but feeling glad about my deal

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder why Ford has a supposed rebate for him but not everyone else I know that bought a Maverick? And I got my FE at original price, no mark up. I'm confused but feeling glad about my deal
It depends on when you ordered. If you ordered BEFORE Ford increased the prices on MY22 orders, Ford would give Price Protection to price protect their orders at the Price Originally agreed to BEFORE the price increases. If you ordered AFTER the price increases went into effect or you took delivery BEFORE the price increases your not due a Price Protection. I don't recall the specific dates, I've long since thrown all that away since I took delivery of mine. Then there also were MY22 orders that didn't get built when MY23 started so the MY22's that got moved to MY23 get Private Offers (Rebate) from Ford. Hope I got all that correct......
Sponsored

Last edited: