Sponsored

First oil change (rounded kilometers, not exact conversions)

• Total voters

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How about driving 50 miles home from dealer on the expressway at 60 miles an hour. Is that ok?
Just try and fluctuate your speed so maybe you go 55 mph and then you accelerate up to 65 mph and back down to 50 mph and then up to 70 mph. You don't have to drive slow to properly break in and motor you just want to be careful that you don't go over the recommended RPMs but you want to put a good load on the motor up to that RPM limit and avoid holding it at a constant speed -constant RPM. To break in my truck I took it out for a Canyon Drive so lots of acceleration out of the corners, lower speeds for tighter Corners higher speeds for faster corners. Are back roads home from the dealer an option for you?
Sponsored

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just try and fluctuate your speed so maybe you go 55 mph and then you accelerate up to 65 mph and back down to 50 mph and then up to 70 mph. You don't have to drive slow to properly break in and motor you just want to be careful that you don't go over the recommended RPMs but you want to put a good load on the motor up to that RPM limit and avoid holding it at a constant speed -constant RPM. To break in my truck I took it out for a Canyon Drive so lots of acceleration out of the corners, lower speeds for tighter Corners higher speeds for faster corners. Are back roads home from the dealer an option for you?
thanks for info. I can drive a road that will take 2 hrs to get home instead of 35 mins on I95.
But i can run the hybrid at speeds you suggested on I95, which I can vary speeds as you suggested, probably down to 50mph.