Sponsored

What will be the make or break specs for you on the Maverick?

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Just trying to do the math...let's say it has a 48" bed length and 40" bed width. That gives it 62" from the front corner to the rear corner diagonally (5' 2" long). Just guessing, but if the tailgate is 16" high, that would change the bed length to 64" with an extender, making the diagonal corner-to-corner length 75" (6' 4" long).

I often think about bed length in terms of front-left corner to rear right corner, because that's how I load lumber if I'm getting a few boards for a project. Obviously that doesn't work for a contractor who's hauling a lot of lumber, but they wouldn't be buying this truck anyway.

If my numbers are correct above, the bed would be okay for bringing home 8' boards safely without an extender, but a tailgate bed extender would allow for 10' boards pretty easily. I think a bit of strapping would be prudent in either case.

If we're really going into the math, let's use some of these pics to find bed length x width x height ratios :ROFLMAO:

Ford Maverick What will be the make or break specs for you on the Maverick? 1613695380759

Ford Maverick What will be the make or break specs for you on the Maverick? 1613695426472

Also now that we have spy pics with tire sizes, anyone with photoshop skills able to pull off a guess at overall length?
Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I put a Freakride 3 link suspension kit with a panhard bar, dropped it 6 inches...
Regards
Doc
7872934D-0CBD-4D50-B5E5-580BC6F86873.jpeg
Modern, classic, simple, i love it, and love the steelies, have you considered white steelies?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If we're really going into the math, let's use some of these pics to find bed length x width x height ratios :ROFLMAO:

1613695380759.png

1613695426472.png

Also now that we have spy pics with tire sizes, anyone with photoshop skills able to pull off a guess at overall length?
I did in another thread where it's lined up by the Ranger/Bronco Sport. My guess was 196-200in.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
Modern, classic, simple, i love it, and love the steelies, have you considered white steelies?
I replaced them with Ranger Lariat wheels I think they look a little better :)
Ford Maverick What will be the make or break specs for you on the Maverick? D1159FE1-FF90-4C3E-8794-8434789C5498

Last edited:

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And just WHY are you here on a Maverick forum again Doc? There's no way Id trade that Ranger for a Mav. There is not one single way they could build the Mav to be better than that.

And if you did want the Maverick for some reason, Id happily come take the Ranger off your hands. Lol

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s my point.. I’ve only seen ppl life them. Who wants to get stuck on a rock? 🤦🏼‍♂️
Sport trucks are awesome. Ive said for years if the Ute market came over to the US at any point I wouldnt drive anything BUT them. I mean look at em. Theyre litererally perfect vehicles.

Ford Maverick What will be the make or break specs for you on the Maverick? 1613701406121

Depending how chunky and bulky the front of the Mav looks, Id be tempted to lower one. Only if it doesnt follow the current truck trend of making godawful ugly swollen looking things like the third gen Taco, next gen Ranger, or new Ridgeline though. Doesnt work as well for bulky fronts. Docs Ranger up there looks awesome though. Those are subtle enough to look great lowered.

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And just WHY are you here on a Maverick forum again Doc? There's no way Id trade that Ranger for a Mav. There is not one single way they could build the Mav to be better than that.

And if you did want the Maverick for some reason, Id happily come take the Ranger off your hands. Lol
I’m buying the maverick to replace my 2006 GMC Sierra with 180,000 miles on it :)

Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport trucks are awesome. Ive said for years if the Ute market came over to the US at any point I wouldnt drive anything BUT them. I mean look at em. Theyre litererally perfect vehicles.

1613701406121.jpeg

Depending how chunky and bulky the front of the Mav looks, Id be tempted to lower one. Only if it doesnt follow the current truck trend of making godawful ugly swollen looking things like the third gen Taco, next gen Ranger, or new Ridgeline though. Doesnt work as well for bulky fronts. Docs Ranger up there looks awesome though. Those are subtle enough to look great lowered.
I’ve been hoping they would bring the Ute here for years..looks like a real corner carver !

OP
OP

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s my point.. I’ve only seen ppl life them. Who wants to get stuck on a rock? 🤦🏼‍♂️
Ha yeah that's what surprised me. I want a truck for more clearance than my current vehicles, but I like that someone out there is doing something totally different, variety being the spice of life and all...

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
I did in another thread where it's lined up by the Ranger/Bronco Sport. My guess was 196-200in.
Quickly plugging in your estimate of a 4 1/2 ft bed (54 inches), and using the same 50" width and 16" height I used before, we'd get a 73" (6' 1") diagonal length. Or 86" (7' 1") diagonal length with the tailgate down and a bed extender.

EDITED to change width from 40" to 50".

Last edited:

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

1613701406121.jpeg

It’s a car! It’s a truck! No, it’s the worst of both! 😆

El Camino or Ranchero anyone?

if this is what ppl wanted, the Honda Ridgeline would sell like hot cakes.. bc that’s what it essentially is...

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota

1613701406121.jpeg

If these things come with a 2.3L EB option for like max tow or sport version, I'd probably order soon as the order banks open. I never do stuff like that based on my previous buying habits.
Sponsored