Sponsored

What is this!?!

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last edited:

Deb from MN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deborah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Exhaust Pipe Auxillary Heater mine had this (22) look up on this forum...coolant leak

Steamey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Titleistman18
Ford Maverick What is this!?! IMG_20231224_104637635

IMHO, The photo above is where it is most likely coming from. A small weep hole at the bottom/back of the muffler designed to drain exhaust condensation..... this is normal to extend the life of the muffler. I noticed this on mine from day one of ownership. Sometimes the puddle is large and sometimes it's small.
This is not a problem to verify cause I just layed on my side and snapped this photo a couple of minutes ago.

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the roof in the garage is leaking and was there when he pulled in.

Gotmav1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone tell me why I have this puddle under my truck when I shut it off after driving 5 miles from work? It seems to be under the battery’s from below the seat. It’s quite the dripping coming out. Sorry if this is a dumb question but it seems very odd. It’s 35* outside btw. Thanks

IMG_7868.jpeg
I
Can someone tell me why I have this puddle under my truck when I shut it off after driving 5 miles from work? It seems to be under the battery’s from below the seat. It’s quite the dripping coming out. Sorry if this is a dumb question but it seems very odd. It’s 35* outside btw. Thanks

IMG_7868.jpeg
I didn’t notice a mention of hybrid or eco. If hybrid there are cooling lines going to the battery.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Titleistman18

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Supercrew, 05 Chevy Colorado, 95 Jeep Wr.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Titleistman18
IMG_20231224_104637635.jpg

IMHO, The photo above is where it is most likely coming from. A small weep hole at the bottom/back of the muffler designed to drain exhaust condensation..... this is normal to extend the life of the muffler. I noticed this on mine from day one of ownership. Sometimes the puddle is large and sometimes it's small.
This is not a problem to verify cause I just layed on my side and snapped this photo a couple of minutes ago.
thats good news! Thank you. That makes perfect sense. đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_7868.jpeg
A side note. If it is sweeter than coolaid, it is anti-freeze. I got a mouthful of it once, and was shocked at how sweet it is. AND IT IS POISON TO ANIMALS. Many times I thought of using it to kill pests (non-human), but realized that it would kill animals that I wouldn't want to kill. So, I nixed that idea. Antifreeze is so sweet that I am surprised that environmental or health organizations haven't demanded that something be added to it to kill its taste, like they do to natural gas so that it can be smelled by humans.

clofan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check my post history and prepare for a part replacement fix. Your exhaust heater is busted