Sponsored

What is going on with Maverick production?

OP
OP

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are answering a question that was not asked. I am asking who told you that the average wait time for delivery of a Maverick will be greater than 12 months.
2 dealers. One of which said “forget it, you won’t get one” and on top of that, a whole lot of people on this site are still waiting over a year. No obviously you work for Ford and want to defend bad planning and purchasing errors. Go ahead, but it is obvious what your goal is
Sponsored

capo99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are answering a question that was not asked. I am asking who told you that the average wait time for delivery of a Maverick will be greater than 12 months.
How about the 6000+ orders that just had a VIN and got rolled over to 2023. Likely all have been waiting a year+ including myself. I see you have just joined MTC. It may be worth looking at some of the historical posts related to wait times and rollovers. Ford.com closed 2022 hybrid orders in mid fall of 2021 while Ford.ca was into early 2022. Anyone who ordered in the US and hasn't yet received their Maverick are all over a year. A year may not be the average overall, but I don't think it's that far off.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Simple: if it ain’t built in the 23 model year, it might go to the 24, as the 22 orders are being done. And then not even done at the beginning of the 24 model year, as some of the 22’s are to be built in 2023
This is a question I've been having since I've been seeing people say "'22s will be built in '23". If Ford is already building 2023s this month, will they build both the '22 models and '23 models at the same time next year? What was the point of canceling the '22s with a VIN assigned and causing a whole fiasco if they're just gonna build '22s in Jan and Feb?

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We're about 10days after you and same story...
Back in Sept 22, Dealer manager said he had 300 Maverick orders for 2022s and was getting 5 deliveries a month. That is a 60 per year turnaround on a five year fulfilment potential. New orders from this dealer are in total limbo unless allocations are changed. If there are really 5000 rollover orders left nationwide, Ford has a dilemma trying to get my order to me because of their archaic allocation system...what will ford do?! Who is misleading the customer?!

Reactions: bgn

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back in Sept 22, Dealer manager said he had 300 Maverick orders for 2022s and was getting 5 deliveries a month. That is a 60 per year turnaround on a five year fulfilment potential. New orders from this dealer are in total limbo unless allocations are changed. If there are really 5000 rollover orders left nationwide, Ford has a dilemma trying to get my order to me because of their archaic allocation system...what will ford do?! Who is misleading the customer?!
Frustrating because Ford has no problem saying they plan to build 150k F150 lightnings, but can't build half that many Mavericks because of supply chain.

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every manufacturer is having the same issues with supply chain. The industry I work in is paying 3 times as much for materials and contracted labor than we did just a few years ago. We also still have lengthy delivery schedules that are often further delayed due to a number of factors. At least you can make a custom order with Ford, most other manufacturers you can't even make a factory order which makes that a moot point. Try making a factory order from Toyota or Hyundai. Also, you want one of the hottest vehicles on the market right now, demand far outweighs supply plus Ford is most likely putting their resources into more profitable models which limits their production for the Maverick. I don't see how someone telling you that you have to wait every month would change anything. You just ordered, how are you going to feel a year from now if you get rolled over to a 2024? You ordered on the second day of the order banks being open, maybe your dealer only gets allocated 12 Mavericks, 1 a month and maybe you were order number 13 or worse because a bunch of people ordered on the first day? I really don't get the communication part, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the supply chain is a problem for everyone and the Maverick is a low priority seller for Ford when they can put those resources into very profitable Lightnings. Also, you should understand that Ford doesn't produce these things first come first served.
But Ford keeps taking in the orders whether they have parts or dealer allocation to fill them. This IS Ford's dilemma they are making for themselves. We need to Stop blaming the customer for whining. Ford is in control or lack of it.

Reactions: bgn

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Frustrating because Ford has no problem saying they plan to build 150k F150 lightnings, but can't build half that many Mavericks because of supply chain.
Ford has a lot more Lightning preorders (which they actually directly took people's money for) and is much more a flagship of their path forwards to electrification. That's why they're building a whole new plant expressly for future production of it.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford has a lot more Lightning preorders (which they actually directly took people's money for) and is much more a flagship of their path forwards to electrification. That's why they're building a whole new plant expressly for future production of it.
I'd be willing bet that part of what got Ford to build the Maverick is to attract folks to the brand. Ford expects folks to trade up and stick around.

Problem is, execution is lacking. My dealer experience has been abysmal and I landed there due to QC issues that Ford was in full control of.

Not sure if I buy another Ford based on that.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, with all due respect, the question was posed to the person claiming the belief that the ''average wait will be over a year.'' But nevertheless, you DO have some idea. You know that they will not be building 2023 Mavericks in late 2024 (which would be necessary for the posit to be true).
One only knows this if they are connected customers. What about the non-connected relying on Ford or Dealer communications? Amazon would be out of business if they did not communicate. But auto manufactures should get a pass. Really?

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah i get it... you don't deliver some Mavericks and largely your customer base is unaffected, however electric F150's? That's a problem for your brand.
It's not so much a supply chain issue as a resource allocation issue. Ford is just allocating those resources to higher profile and higher profit vehicles.

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But Ford keeps taking in the orders whether they have parts or dealer allocation to fill them. This IS Ford's dilemma they are making for themselves. We need to Stop blaming the customer for whining. Ford is in control or lack of it.
I'm sure they're doing their best to estimate what they can realistically build which is why they closed the order banks after just a few days. I'm sure on paper they have a really good idea of how many units they can build. They have worked it out with their suppliers to receive XX,XXX amount of this and that in anticipation of building what they have orders for. If halfway through the year supplier A informs Ford that one of THEIR suppliers went out of business due to an inability to source raw materials at a competitive price what is Ford going to do? They're going to scramble to find an alternative suitable supplier and hope for the best. I don't blame Ford for their business practices. They're a publicly traded company, they have a legal obligation to do what's best for the shareholders which is to try and build/sell as many vehicles as possible and maintain profitability in the meantime. What are they supposed to do? Halve the number of orders they take because they MIGHT not be able to build everything they hope to build and sell just to appease the one or two people here and there who are disgruntled with the process? Right now for every person Ford disenfranchises because of a "lack of communication" or a lengthy wait they have 10 or 20 people chomping at the bit to buy a Maverick/Bronco/Lightning. Even if Ford did lower their estimated output for Mavericks for 2023 that would only drive up demand, lower supply and dealers would really have a field day with ADMs on the Maverick and the same people would STILL be complaining that Ford should have done something to produce more Mavericks.

Last edited:

edcrawfordlv

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't buy the Supply Chain excuse 3 years after COVID. You can walk into any Bestbuy and buy 100 Apple laptops, TVs, iphones, etc, without any problems. Cars are made with Robots as well of the many of the parts, so I don't buy into their excuses about Supply Chain. They are making record profits by chocking off the supply and not have to sell below MSRP or give incentives. The dealers are making out on the back end with selling them over MSRP, it's a win-win for them under this model. Three years of Supply Chain excuse is a bit much....
Uhh, not according to Apple:
[Nov 6, 2022 Apple press release] CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA COVID-19 restrictions have temporarily impacted the primary iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max assembly facility located in Zhengzhou, China. The facility is currently operating at significantly reduced capacity. As we have done throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we are prioritizing the health and safety of the workers in our supply chain.
We continue to see strong demand for iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max models. However, we now expect lower iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max shipments than we previously anticipated and customers will experience longer wait times to receive their new products.
We are working closely with our supplier to return to normal production levels while ensuring the health and safety of every worker.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And it's not just the on the actual production side but shipping is a major and highly variable delay factor. Both transit times and especially cost. Shipping costs have increased in some cases 300% so logistics planners have to time when they can move product for it to make financial sense.