First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey @Ford Motor Company, pass this on up the chain of command for me. ;)

I’m one of the reported 6,900 2022 hybrid orders that were scheduled with VINs and are in the process of being canceled. In my case besides a year of waiting I’m losing out on 0% for 36 months financing and my preferred Velocity Blue color.

It just so happens that I need a new vehicle sooner rather than later. What do you know, things change once an entire year goes by! If I had known my order was going to rollover I would have switched in September to an AWD Eco-boost to get my truck faster.

Here is what I want: give all the canceled orders the ability to make changes just like the September roll-overs. You know you don’t really want more 2023 hybrids anyway- give me the ability to swap drive trains when I pick my new color and there will be one less hybrid you have to build. I promise I won’t add on luxury packages, bed liners or splash guards so you can schedule me quickly. Since you have promised these orders will be first views for scheduling I should get slotted into one of the first available build weeks.

If you just roll over my hybrid as-is I no longer have any confidence it will be built and delivered promptly. In which case I will be taking my business elsewhere and buying a Honda Civic off the lot and driving it home the same day.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored

psnb89

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Trailblazer LS 2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4x4
I think that would be the best option! Because it could screw over 2023 Hybrid orders!

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If Ford truly took many more hybrid orders than they can realistically produce, make this same option available for anyone. Announce a one week date when you can ONLY make a simple switch from hybrid to EB. Some will, some won't, I think every little one that does would help ford.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP, I do find it somewhat funny that your username is Tirpitz, who the real von Tirpitz wanted a much larger German naval expansion in the pre-WW1 years but never got built due to budgetary and materials constraints.

I guess that's kinda repeating itself now with our Mavericks, but for other reasons.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, the OP kinda has a valid point. Those who could rollover "manually" had a multiple of options to choose from, drivetrains being one of them. Although I'm not in the same situation as the forced cancellation crowd, if I was, I'd want the same low financing option, no charge color change (VB swapped for AB or HPR), drivetrain switch option with 21/22 MY pricing, and the options I had on my original build brought over to the 23MY build at no additional charge (CP360 Assist, Bed Rails, Remote Start, SIBL, ETC). And before you start hollerin' "Constrained Items!!", those items could be DIOs with FOMOCO responsible for paying my dealer's labor rates...

Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey @Ford Motor Company, pass this on up the chain of command for me. ;)

I’m one of the reported 6,900 2022 hybrid orders that were scheduled with VINs and are in the process of being canceled. In my case besides a year of waiting I’m losing out on 0% for 36 months financing and my preferred Velocity Blue color.

It just so happens that I need a new vehicle sooner rather than later. What do you know, things change once an entire year goes by! If I had known my order was going to rollover I would have switched in September to an AWD Eco-boost to get my truck faster.

Here is what I want: give all the canceled orders the ability to make changes just like the September roll-overs. You know you don’t really want more 2023 hybrids anyway- give me the ability to swap drive trains when I pick my new color and there will be one less hybrid you have to build. I promise I won’t add on luxury packages, bed liners or splash guards so you can schedule me quickly. Since you have promised these orders will be first views for scheduling I should get slotted into one of the first available build weeks.

If you just roll over my hybrid as-is I no longer have any confidence it will be built and delivered promptly. In which case I will be taking my business elsewhere and buying a Honda Civic off the lot and driving it home the same day.

Thanks for listening.
What's the source on the 6,900 number?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I assumed that part was a joke.
There's another thread today where somebody said they talked to customer service and that's the number that they gave them

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's another thread today where somebody said they talked to customer service and that's the number that they gave them
Still sounds like a joke. If I'm Ford, I round up to 7,000 just to avoid the meme.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And I want to marry a supermodel. I think I have a better shot. Will post pictures if it happens.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tirpitz

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And I want to marry a supermodel. I think I have a better shot. Will post pictures if it happens.
Well apparently Giselle is going to be available. Just saying.

Wait, I hope you don't play professional sports do you? I think that is one of her turn-offs.

RanCheeto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt, Audi TT, 59 Corvette, 30 Model A, etc...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is an odd mindset against traditional auto manufacturers... Model year is so concrete.. What's fascinating are the people waiting for Rivians, Lucids, etc. It's just when their turn comes up. People are expecting to wait moths or years and the model year of the vehicle is arbitrary.

I suspect if Tesla ever makes a Cyber Truck it will take them 5 years or more to get through the 200,000 plus orders, and I guarantee you no one will get one of the promised "$39,995" vapor trucks.
Sponsored