First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious if the it would be possible to switch out XL/XLT headlights for Lariat headlights. If they use the same plug and the wiring across all trim models. Something else to look into once I have my Maverick.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Boosted Graygoose Designs sent me an email reply this morning. They will be making new product(s) for the 2022 Maverick. One item is a LED daytime running lights (DRL) for the XLT. This will, supposedly, be the same as the Lariat DRL. I am seriously considering this.
I'm wondering if the headlight plug is different between the XLT and Lariat, because if they aren't then in theory you could swap in Lariat headlights. Would it would work though?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wondering if the headlight plug is different between the XLT and Lariat, because if they aren't then in theory you could swap in Lariat headlights. Would it would work though?
I doubt its a different plug. Worst case scenario, and its pretty unlikely, the Lariat might have an extra wire you'd have to run to an appropriate fuse. I'd be more worried by the fact that replacement OEM Ford headlights would be very expensive to add nothing more than a little accent light.

And don't be worried about it not having replaceable standard bulbs, that's a good thing. It means they were designed from the ground up to be LED headlights and will likely have superior cooling and beam pattern. The ones where its a replaceable standard bulb means they are putting LEDs into a housing that was designed for other light source options on other trims or in years past. That's what I'm using in my truck now, and it works, but its not as good as purpose built LED designs.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would expect those Lariat headlights to be north of $1,000 each OEM from Ford. I think the Bronco Sport assembly is $1,600 each from Ford. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would expect those Lariat headlights to be north of $1,000 each OEM from Ford. I think the Bronco Sport assembly is $1,600 each from Ford. 🤷🏻‍♂️
WOW!! I didn't realize they could be that much!!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
WOW!! I didn't realize they could be that much!!
Mind you the life expectancy is 10,000 hrs. That is 417 days or about 1.3 years of continuous usage. If you were to drive 8 hours a day, with the headlights on, that’s 4 years of use.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mind you the life expectancy is 10,000 hrs. That is 417 days or about 1.3 years of continuous usage. If you were to drive 8 hours a day, with the headlights on, that’s 4 years of use.
Well if the cost is very high like @CLH917 states then it will be looooooooong time before I think about replacing them just to add the additional upper LED light! Come to think of it I can't actually remember having to replace a headlight, bulb or unit, in the past 20 plus years! That shows in my thinking of just swapping XLT headlight with Lariat headlights! 😂

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Boosted Graygoose Designs sent me an email reply this morning. They will be making new product(s) for the 2022 Maverick. One item is a LED daytime running lights (DRL) for the XLT. This will, supposedly, be the same as the Lariat DRL. I am seriously considering this.
Checked out there website- Are we talking about a whole kit or just a wiring harness ?

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Turns out it is likely just the harness as someone else pointed out.
Just a harness so you can drop in an LED DRL bulb ? The upper non-signature lighting space is just a generic reflector on non-lariat trims ?

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Certainly not worth that kind of money for a switch. After all, I'm in the truck and will not be able to see them anyway ;)
Alpha Rex has whole assemblies- Not just a switch

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid