First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was actually shocked at the engine noise on my original test drive , salesguy said its normal its high pressure fuel pump, (there all like that? Ive gotten used to it ,its much quieter when its hot. Like the other guy said its my little diesel when its cold, 30,000 km later (1 year Nov 1ST) and its been bullet proof. First visit to dealer tomorrow to have the battery low voltage issue looked at, hopefully i get a new 760 AGM battery upgrade like some other posters got! Will see? We have a service station in the family so have never taken vehicle back to dealer so this will be first and last time hopefully, if things dont work out il just intstall my own battery before winter as i dont want the app to give me low voltage bullshit message at -20 or 30 degrees.
Sponsored

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've noticed that the Maverick's engine is very loud and not in a good way.
all I hear from it constantly is valve noise. Is this just a normal Ford thing? Does your Maverick sound similar?
The oil was changed 3000 miles ago and is changed every 3-4000 miles.

Fortunately for me, my hearing loss is just at the right frequency that I can barely hear mine running. Nor can I feel it running. I can only feel it stop running when I forget to turn the auto stop-start function off.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm just a casual dummy, but it's probably normal. Quite a few videos of normal Ecos with the hood up, compare it to yours. If it's the same, you can quiet it down some with an engine cover from the Escape or Focus (iirc), and add perhaps add some material to the underside of the hood (I forget what the name is called, but it's that fancy felt stuff some cars have)
Look for Dynamat on Amazon and you will also get something for the hood; the dynamat is pricy sound deadening that may not be OK near the engine.
Sponsored