Sponsored

What brand Battery Jump Box have forum members been buying?

Drew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Transit Prius Honda Yamaha Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got mine in from Amazon, it’s a third bigger than expected. It just fits on its side at the widest section under back seat. It will not be able to be charged while under the seat! and it’s heavy! Kinda regret getting this, takes up to much useful space.
Sorry, I didn’t mean it to be a recommendation. I was just throwing it out there. It does have free returns if you want to swap for a smaller one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, I didn’t mean it to be a recommendation. I was just throwing it out there. Can you return it?
I did get it for it’s other functions as well. Had planned it to be more of a shop radio, using the air compressor to blow out dust from keyboards such. So it wasn’t going to be riding around in truck storage to start with.

Drew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Transit Prius Honda Yamaha Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did get it for it’s other functions as well. Had planned it to be more of a shop radio, using the air compressor to blow out dust from keyboards such. So it wasn’t going to be riding around in truck storage to start with.
So besides the size it seems like a decent unit?

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it does come with built in doors to store everything it supports including the wall wart 120v adapter, which caused confusion on opening box and expecting it to be well loose in the packaging.
Looking to replace the role of my small power box Jackery for camping. It works perfectly but lacks light, radio, and midrange 120v.AC This unit looks to take multiple days to recharge which is its downfall.
EDIT: took only 5 hours to fully charge, seems to be a fresh newer battery inside the unit. Haven’t tried air compressor. Bluetooth and FM where fine, AM radio was bad and maybe defective. Really near stations transmitter so can get signal without an antenna, also can hear this station all the way to NW Nebraska and it’s a W lettered station not K, west of the Mississippi River so super strong. Maybe oversaturated AM radio signal.
Tested that theory and lower band stronger station are perfectly clear ( well for AM talk ) but near THAT clear channel super station weaker stations don’t appear and one that does past it is staticky.

Last edited:

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have been researching a bunch of these online and it seems that the jumper cables are not long enough for the post setup on the hybrid. Unlike a conventional battery, where the posts are 10" apart, these are ~ 17" apart. Did anybody have an issue finding one that had adequate length?
I will admit that I never verified that mine would be adequate length until I saw your post! So thanks for the reminder and I’m glad mine will work if needed.

Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess on the Hybrid you could jump it from the battery under the rear seat if the cables are not long enough.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess on the Hybrid you could jump it from the battery under the rear seat if the cables are not long enough.
Jumping from the battery is not recommended exactly why was not said but one would expect that placing a 12v current on the battery terminals could possibly result in the battery maintenance program could possibly think you have changed to a different type of battery. Note in manual that there is an up to 8 hour "battery learning" procedure with the accessories off and the truck locked and not even a door to be opened until procedure is completed. It says this procedure MAY have to be done if the 12v is charged with off vehicle charger! So jump under hood or call Ford service. Let them determine if it needs towing or if they jump start at battery then they will be responsible to repair damage.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right it’s a current tracking charging battery management system. Which makes it economical when you already have such a system for a high voltage battery pack.
It’s as simple as flashing your highbeams 5 times then pressing the brake three times within 10 seconds, to reset. Still needs 8 hours / doors lock.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO, it's a sad day when owners of brand new vehicles have to purchase jump boxes/battery chargers in order to have any confidence of being able to get to and return back. My mind just can't seem to processing why this is accepted as normal for a brand new vehicle. This is nuts, something needs to be fixed. Now, got that off my chest, I'll move on now.
Yeah, I have always kept jumper cables in all of my vehicles and never had a problem finding someone willing to give me a jump. I can see how it might come in handy if you are completely isolated with no one around to help you out though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I bought this one on sale a few months back. I liked the digital readout. It has been stored for over 3 months in my truck and still charged to 100%. My buddy has the same exact one and had to use it once, it used just 3% to jump the vehicle.

HULKMAN Alpha85 Smart Jump Starter 2000 Amp 20000mAh Car Starter for up to 8.5L Gas and 6L Diesel Engines with Boost Function for Totally Dead Battery 12V Lithium Portable Car Battery Booster Pack https://a.co/d/2jZ1Dy1
I have the same one. Have not had to use it on my vehicles but have used it on others and it works great. Has the option to override the safety features if you have a really dead battery and that works great also- just make sure you have your cables on right.

Reactions: Aza

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This guy did some tests. His approach seems reasonably good. Draw your own conclusions.

Thanks for the review links.

I just bought the TopVision unit based on the above video review.

The review put it as one of the top two and even though the cost is listed in the review as $89.99 and Amazon has it at $79.99 I was able to order it for $39 + $9.84 Priority Mail shipping. If you order more that one the price drops to $35.10 each and the second one has free shipping on it. So two for $70.20 + $9.84 Priority Mail shipping.

Battery Starter for Car, TOPVISION 2200A Peak 21800mAh Portable Car Jump Starter

Reactions: Aza

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine...

Ford Maverick What brand Battery Jump Box have forum members been buying? 61vaDWFyNHL._AC_SL1500_

...and the name Loki-Thor still makes me laugh.

Ford Maverick What brand Battery Jump Box have forum members been buying? loki-wednesday

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have an EarthX LiFePo4 Jump Pack that I purchased several years ago. I've used it multiple times to start a lawnmower, a diesel tractor, a 10 kW whole-house generator (battery died at THE most inopportune time), several cars, one diesel truck, and even a 360 cubic-inch airplane engine. It's never failed me yet.

I really like the fact that it uses a MUCH safer technology (Lithium Iron Phosphate - LiFePo4 versus the more typical Lithium Cobalt) and has a built-in battery management system. Costs a bit more, but worth it to me for the added peace of mind.
Sponsored