Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I live somewhere where theivery is likely and possible but our cabin and exposed shop lifestyle really has no way to protect anything so we dont lock up anything but the cabin. If its not locked there is no need to break anything to steal what they were gonna get any ways. When I lived in a rough neighborhood in Ohio I generally had the same principal. Just dont leave anything outside of the house or garage. I just made my cars un-stealable for the most part.

As for OPs window search. I think you may find em used. There is alot of wrecked maverick posted on here that didnt have a single piece of glass break. I would search the posts for all the wrecked and totalled posters and PM them asking where their truck went after the insurance totalled em. Their local yards may have the glass you need.
Sponsored

Trilo68

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3, Cobalt SS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Word of advise, use a heat gun when you start removing that duct tape. I've seen it peel paint from vehicles. And having heard complaints about the paint quality I would be very careful with it, already bad enough getting robbed and having the windows busted out.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And until parents start raising kids with better morals and ethics. It's criminal that so many people even think it's OK to do this kind of stuff to other peoples' property. When I was about 4 I grabbed a pack of gum at the supermarket checkout. My parents reamed me out, punished me, embarrassed the crap out of me, never let me forget it, and I've held on to that lesson my whole life.
I would focus on ethics. Morals usually stem from faith based constructs that advertise undying forgiveness. Some of the most common religions give you a license to steal. Not great.

I theived alot when I was a kid, and paid for it plenty. Cant stand the concept as an adult. Of course my shameful experience allows me to know all the angles and what to watch for. The only times I ever get ripped off is from really dumb uncontrollable mistakes.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sharia law would also work: Theft (stealing in secret) is punished by the amputation of the offender's right hand, and armed or highway robbery may be punished by execution, crucifixion, or amputation of hands and feet from opposite sides of the body, depending on the severity of the offense.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does the alarm go off if they smash the windows but don’t open the doors?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Navi the Mav

Navi the Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GTI, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I had the unfortunate situation where my Maverick was broken into. Tools, a portable battery pack, cold weather gear and a back pack were stolen.
9453DE0C-6F82-4DB1-B5AC-0505A010DA12.jpeg

The person broke 3, yes three, windows and at least had the common decency to leave the drivers window alone.

I filed a police report, waiting on a call from insurance, and hoping there is not a shortage on glass windows cause FML…( I only waited 10 months to get this Mav)
DFD5AF4F-0673-44E4-B228-DD62BF109EA6.jpeg

Oh, I can still play cards against humanity, but some of my old motorcycle cold weather gear is gone too. Hopefully the jerk that stole my Buell motorcycle neck gator is staying somewhat warm.

E56BA323-5B01-4AC1-8826-678AEDBF2170.jpeg

6E5D9C89-C8DB-4AC1-A548-4D9E790E3F79.jpeg
Life happens and I am beyond pissed but what can you do.

Now to try and keep my truck air tight, park my other vehicles in lit areas at work and pray to the parts god that I can get my truck back on the road cause this was the only reliable car I had. Not to mention that I have Eibach lowering springs on order so that is probably going to be put on the wayside

Stay safe out there and hid your belongings
Small update:

1)Someone cases the truck before hand, came back minutes later and stole from the Maverick. Shame on me for thinking I had stuff hidden enough. I got some grainy footage of the event but no real descriptions due to rough quality

2a) Insurance is covering the repair. $1400+ that insurance is going to cover and a $500 deductible. So yeah I very expensive lesson on top of the $400 in tools and equipment stolen.

2b)Thankfully The Glassman repair shop had the 3 windows in stock and it’s getting replaced tomorrow. So I got lucky and should be back on the road really quick.

3)A bed cover is my next priority. The lowering springs are paid for so I may just sell em when they arrive to offset expenses and sell one of other cars.

thanks for the support. I will post the financial damage later .

-Alex
Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! 6C93F257-2FFB-4AE3-AAA9-E5B1AA5D4170
Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! 4B0995F5-B98D-4AA8-A126-93A0B74E37C8

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
So I had the unfortunate situation where my Maverick was broken into. Tools, a portable battery pack, cold weather gear and a back pack were stolen.
9453DE0C-6F82-4DB1-B5AC-0505A010DA12.jpeg

The person broke 3, yes three, windows and at least had the common decency to leave the drivers window alone.

I filed a police report, waiting on a call from insurance, and hoping there is not a shortage on glass windows cause FML…( I only waited 10 months to get this Mav)
DFD5AF4F-0673-44E4-B228-DD62BF109EA6.jpeg

Oh, I can still play cards against humanity, but some of my old motorcycle cold weather gear is gone too. Hopefully the jerk that stole my Buell motorcycle neck gator is staying somewhat warm.

E56BA323-5B01-4AC1-8826-678AEDBF2170.jpeg

6E5D9C89-C8DB-4AC1-A548-4D9E790E3F79.jpeg
Life happens and I am beyond pissed but what can you do.

Now to try and keep my truck air tight, park my other vehicles in lit areas at work and pray to the parts god that I can get my truck back on the road cause this was the only reliable car I had. Not to mention that I have Eibach lowering springs on order so that is probably going to be put on the wayside

Stay safe out there and hid your belongings
There are just some days I hate people. Dogs are great. Cats are just OK. Sorry for your hassles.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hm. I'd say rapists and murderers are worse, but that is just me.
Yeah, Wichita has those too. I ran into the worse one in its History as a 10yo.
I freaked out how one of his victims looked just like me from the newspaper. So Grandma got me hooked up with the boyscout campout at nearby Church lot to take my mind off it.
Crossed paths with an angry groundskeeper type Named Rader. Which I mistook as Radar ( guy from MASH ) he followed me everywhere even to pee.
He was the BTK mass murderer. I look just like the boy he mosled, tortured and killed just weeks before.

Last edited:

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glass is back ordered and took 3 months for two side pieces for me. Body shop scratched them when scraping overspray off with a knife after a respray for keyed door.

Sponsored

mikegs1952

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never lock my vehicles and never leave anything inside. Don't need to break in. Just open the door and see nothing and leave

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why THREE windows, all you need is just one to open the doors. Which tells me, it might be more than one A-Hole. It's not just Wichita, it's across America, so many drug addicts that need $$$$ for a quick fix. Until, we get hard on the criminals, this stuff will continue to happen over and over. Support the police and Defund the Politicians.

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
He was the BTK mass murderer. I look just like the boy he mosled, tortured and killed just weeks before.
Rader was never accused or suspected of molesting any boys, and the only boy he killed was someone he had never met before.

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Around 2011 I had a chevy Malibu and woke up to go to work and had the front windshield, drivers side front and back, and the rear window busted out... When the cops showed up the officer told us about every 3 months or so a group of kids drive around the city between 2am and 4am and smach out about 25-30 different cars windows and they had done it about 5 times over the course of a year and a half.. He said we never seen it in the newspaper cuz they didn't want to let them get recognition and have them escalating.. Never took anything out of the cars or trucks just smashed front back and side windows that were facing into the road... Said they never hit cars in driveways just street parked vehicles. officer said I was the 8th call in about that spacific day and expected about 20 more to call the police when they woke up... Crappy part was one neighbor across the street and over one house... Was sleeping on the couch cuz he pissed his wife off and heard something just after 4am and never looked and then tlmy friend directly across from us has a camera in his front. window.. But then they went to see if it recorded it to get their plate # found his cat had just happend to knock the camera down in the middle of the night so it never got anything.... The cop when we told him about the camera was all happy like hell ya we got them little f-ers now.. Then the look of defeat when we found out the camera fell...

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
I don’t disagree. But there is a difference between being scummy and being worthless with no social value at all. Just saying.
Alright, how about people who punch other people for little/no reason? Are they scummy, or worthless with no "social value" (maybe you meant societal value?)? How about someone who cheats on their spouse, scummy or not?
Sponsored