Sponsored

What are the best accessories or mods you've done?

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
So far, no mention of an audio upgrade. I don't have my Maverick yet but upgrading the audio is on my short list. I thought that'd be more popular than a tailgate dampener.
I don’t mind the stock radio. I used to install for a living, for about 10 years of my young adult life. I find it balanced and enough for someone like me who doesn’t crank it anymore. Also, the tailgate damper, to me is not needed. You lose a great tie down spot for sheet goods and I could close the super light tailgate with a finger.
Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The mirror isn't something I considered, but after sitting in a demo it seems like a no-brainer. Any issues with it blocking your view out the windshield?

What bed lights did you go with? Thanks!
No issues with blocking visibility out the front, it’s not much longer in width than the stock mirror which is good. It’s an older version though I’ve had since 2018, it’s the 240mm flat wide view Broadway mirror with blue tint. 270mm and larger start to cut into your front windshield view from my experience. You may have to hunt on eBay for it as Amazon didn’t have it when I checked so I took it out of my Mustang but there is a KitBest version that comes close also for cheap, which I have in the mustang now. The Broadway is a bit better quality though overall.

For the cargo/bed lights, I used Combriller 912/922 Backup/Reverse Light bulbs from Amazon, a member on here uses the same (naranjita if I remember right) as I followed his thread for the LED replacements he did. I kind of regret not getting the LED switch on bed light and 400watt outlet that goes in the driver’s side cubby area but plan on installing something similar in the near future. A crappy magnetic led flash light will have to do for now lol.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I’ve been rocking a convex mirror for 28yrs. Since I was 16 and found one at a flea market. I still have my original one which never went with a car I sold.
Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? 304D5628-01B0-4E40-9A9F-91A8FF84ECD3

Last edited:

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What dash cam did you get?
I have a Vantrue N2 Pro in the front which is dual facing front/rear all in one, 1080P and can handle up to 256gb of storage. This camera has held up well to years of use in other vehicles and have outperformed basically any other sub-100 dollar camera I’ve used over the past 10 years. There is a version that has a separate rear camera available too (N4?), but is a quite bit more expensive.

For the rear I have a Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 mounted in the passenger side corner of the back window. So basically with this and the front camera, it’s almost 360 degrees of coverage or as close as I can get on a budget.

Also, don’t cheap out on micro SD cards, good Sandisk or Transcend micro SD cards work the best in my opinion. 32gb minimum I would recommend also.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Just thought of another “silly?” Mod. As easy as it is to scratch the interior plastic, I added felt to the points where the buckles hit. I noticed that mr drivers side buckle was scratching my center console so I bought the felt tape. I found out that they simply forgot the felt tape on the drivers side buckle as the passenger side already and it. Then just added it to the B pillar since the seatbelt flies that way when getting out.
Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? D5DE05D8-AF2A-4EF4-A892-0C2CFAD0768C

Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? 01A6BA84-9E1A-4FBF-9935-547AE0461A1E

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a Vantrue N2 Pro in the front which is dual facing front/rear all in one, 1080P and can handle up to 256gb of storage. This camera has held up well to years of use in other vehicles and have outperformed basically any other sub-100 dollar camera I’ve used over the past 10 years. There is a version that has a separate rear camera available too (N4?), but is a quite bit more expensive.

For the rear I have a Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 mounted in the passenger side corner of the back window. So basically with this and the front camera, it’s almost 360 degrees of coverage or as close as I can get on a budget.

Also, don’t cheap out on micro SD cards, good Sandisk or Transcend micro SD cards work the best in my opinion. 32gb minimum I would recommend also.
I'm sure it depends on the model, but can you set the dash cam to be motion-sensitive? Rather than worrying about being hit on the highway, I'm more concerned about getting hit or dinged while I'm in a store and someone doing it and taking off.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure it depends on the model, but can you set the dash cam to be motion-sensitive? Rather than worrying about being hit on the highway, I'm more concerned about getting hit or dinged while I'm in a store and someone doing it and taking off.
Oh yep, the Vantrue supports a 24 hour parking mode with varying levels of motion sensitivity. That was one of the selling points for me as usually being dinged/hit where I park is more common also.

I believe the Garmin does the same as well with a parking mode it has but I don’t know how good it is. I do know the Vantrue’s are easy to trip to turn on recording though with even slight motion being applied from my experience.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, there are multiple options for parked dashcam modes depending on the brand/model you buy.
Motion, always on, bump detection, I'm sure there's others.

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The stubby antenna was awful for me, especially for HD radio. Returned it.

Not going to sacrifice functionality for looks.
Kills me man, cause I -do- like the look of it. The price I pay for living in the boonies....

I'm semi-serious about that antenna though.

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you go with the combo package?
I didn't, I'd already ordered LEDs for the other lights and took advantage of a Valentine's Day Sale they had on the Lasfit switchbacks afterwards.

Sponsored

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far, no mention of an audio upgrade. I don't have my Maverick yet but upgrading the audio is on my short list. I thought that'd be more popular than a tailgate dampener.
It's on the list for me, but it's a bit more of a "lots of options, lots of decisions" kind of thing so I'm taking my time. Could just do drop-in replacements on the front two speakers, I've heard that helps a lot on it's own... or I could go all out, replace them all, amp, and a hideaway. Since I'm not sure, I'm holding off until I get that squared.

Tailgate dampener was $50 and the only decision was "do I get rid of a tie down".

The easy decisions get made easily, lol.

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just thought of another “silly?” Mod. As easy as it is to scratch the interior plastic, I added felt to the points where the buckles hit. I noticed that mr drivers side buckle was scratching my center console so I bought the felt tape. I found out that they simply forgot the felt tape on the drivers side buckle as the passenger side already and it. Then just added it to the B pillar since the seatbelt flies that way when getting out.
D5DE05D8-AF2A-4EF4-A892-0C2CFAD0768C.jpeg

01A6BA84-9E1A-4FBF-9935-547AE0461A1E.jpeg
Yo, bless you I was just thinking about this today and how I was going to address the plastic-on-plastic warfare happening in my truck.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All weather floor mats and window tints. No other mod/accessory I can think of will benefit me with this Truck. Unless I upgrade the manual adjusting mirrors on my XL to power adjustable mirrors in the future. I literally can't believe Ford was cheap enough to not give us power mirrors.

Hell, my 2005 base model Toyota Corolla CE with a manual transmission that I paid 12k for out the door in 05 had power mirrors.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's on the list for me, but it's a bit more of a "lots of options, lots of decisions" kind of thing so I'm taking my time. Could just do drop-in replacements on the front two speakers, I've heard that helps a lot on it's own... or I could go all out, replace them all, amp, and a hideaway. Since I'm not sure, I'm holding off until I get that squared.

Tailgate dampener was $50 and the only decision was "do I get rid of a tie down".

The easy decisions get made easily, lol.
Regarding the tie-down: I opted for the tailgate assist. I figured someone out there would come up with an alternate tie-down that doesn't interfere with the dampener. Alas, someone in the club has and apparently are selling them on the forum.
Sponsored