Sponsored

What are some good tips for finding a service dealership?

Gamer_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204, Maverick
Hey guys.
Like some folks here, we are purchasing our Ford Maverick out of state and the dealership can be far away. I was wondering if you guys got any good tips for owners like us who have to find another dealership to do our regular maintenance and service. Thanks!
Sponsored

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The best advice I can give is change your own oil and filters. Saves money and you know it will be done right. When you see a Ford owner ask how their service is at their dealership Current engines are pretty trouble free

The best service place is the great mechanic who didn't like how the dealership treated customers and had an entrepreneurial spirit and went out on their own. I have this type of person for our Honda and Toyota. He has no problem with doing scheduled maintenance when I get my Maverick and if I have to go to dealership he will direct me to correct mechanic at correct dealership depending on issue.

Research and ask questions

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
What he said. I purchased my F250 in update Ohio while working in West (by God) Virginia. I live in Florida so I'm used to taking my vehicles to different dealerships than where I purchased. I took my F250 to the local dealer and they did an excellent job.

Having said that, I've been playing with the idea to purchase a Maintenance Plan for the Maverick. But then I have a local shop that has great pricing for services and does great work. So I'm toying with the idea.

But I have no issue taking it to a different dealer for service. If I don't like them, I tell them I won't be back and walk my dollars to another place.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
What he said. I purchased my F250 in update Ohio while working in West (by God) Virginia. I live in Florida so I'm used to taking my vehicles to different dealerships than where I purchased. I took my F250 to the local dealer and they did an excellent job.

Having said that, I've been playing with the idea to purchase a Maintenance Plan for the Maverick. But then I have a local shop that has great pricing for services and does great work. So I'm toying with the idea.

But I have no issue taking it to a different dealer for service. If I don't like them, I tell them I won't be back and walk my dollars to another place.
My intention is to use my CD as my service location. They specialize in fleet operations and leases, plus acted as my CD for just 200 so unless someone there really pisses off my trunk monkey they will be my default. Plus they are close enough by that I am routinely (1-2 times a month) in their area.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Highly recommend try to find a independent service place that updates CarFax data bases for CarFax..Yes independent service shops can update CarFax. This greatly helps resale value of a used vehicle….If you can not find such an independent service place, insist on a professionally printed invoice and keep good records of scheduled service history of date/place of maintenance. Places like CarMax, Zoom, Carvana and AutoTrader lookers immediately lower offers without provable documented service history….some will not even talk to you about an offer. But warranty stuff will have to be, or probably best to be done, at the Ford Stealerships for covered parts. DIY, keep dated receipts for oil, filter, tire, etc.

If you go to a Ford Dealer for service…From Vin Number their computer immediately shows them place and date of purchase, and entire carfax data base history and any scheduled service you have and have not done. My story will be that I used to live in Pennsylvania.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beerry2

First Name
Alisia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Highly recommend try to find a independent service place that updates CarFax data bases for CarFax..Yes independent service shops can update CarFax. This greatly helps resale value of a used vehicle….If you can not find such an independent service place, insist on a professionally printed invoice and keep good records of scheduled service history of date/place of maintenance. Places like CarMax, Zoom, Carvana and AutoTrader lookers immediately lower offers without provable documented service history….some will not even talk to you about an offer. But warranty stuff will have to be, or probably best to be done, at the Ford Stealerships for covered parts. DIY, keep dated receipts for oil, filter, tire, etc.

If you go to a Ford Dealer for service…From Vin Number their computer immediately shows them place and date of purchase, and entire carfax data base history and any scheduled service you have and have not done. My story will be that I used to live in Pennsylvania.
Thank u

OP
OP
Gamer_M

Gamer_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204, Maverick
Thanks guys for the information! I'm trying to see if I'll be able to price match schedule service between local dealerships around my area. Hopefully, that is a possible outcome for me.

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys.
Like some folks here, we are purchasing our Ford Maverick out of state and the dealership can be far away. I was wondering if you guys got any good tips for owners like us who have to find another dealership to do our regular maintenance and service. Thanks!
I bought my escape at a great dealer that wasn't convenient for me. I've since tried one dealer with a bad service rep & moved on to another. Fair prices fast service & seems pretty good. They don't care where you bought it .
Sponsored