Sponsored

Western Washington

skwirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
What’s is the Washington farm bureau certificate?
You can join the Washington Farm Bureau as an associate member for a $20 annual fee. https://wsfb.com

Once you've been a member for 30 days you're eligible to receive discounts from several companies, including Ford which is offering $500 off trucks including the Maverick. https://wsfb.com/benefit/ford

They email you a certificate code that the dealership can add to your order and voila, $500 off your purchase price.
Sponsored

otter101

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT Lux, Nissan, Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice perk!! Gotta take advantage of stuff like 👍

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Getting close. Train is now up to Eugene. Says it will not arrive at Barnes Yard Portland until Monday night. But maybe it will move tomorrow? Getting excited!!

Ford Maverick Western Washington Route20211203

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It did move today, but I am confused. UP says it's now in Hinkle, Oregon. It left Eugene this morning, then statused in Millersburg, OR later in the morning. That's between Eugene and Portland near Albany. That made sense.

I checked it in the afternoon and it statused with a City name that I could no understand and when I looked at the map between Millersburg and Portland, none of the town names looked what it sounded like.

Then when I got home from Seattle this evening, I checked UP and it says it's in Hinkle, Oregon. Union Pacific has a major rail yard and repair center there. But that makes no sense. It would have had to go through Portland to get to Hinkle. I also don't think it had enough to get to Hinkle by 4:55 PM. And now it says it will not get to its destination until Tuesday. I'm quite confused.

Hopefully it's actually in Portland and this is a status error.

Ford Maverick Western Washington Route20211204

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm thinking it actually did go to Hinkle. This morning I have seen two updates, Heppner Junction around 7:30 AM and now The Dalles at 10:08 AM. So it's now heading into Portland from the east. So weird.

Ford Maverick Western Washington 5wqdt

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bgn

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now it's in Troutdale. Definitely traveled west through the Columbia River Gorge. At least it's in the Metro Portland area now.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something I found online at trainorders.com forums:

> QUESTION:
> After these trains get to Hinkle, do all the
> cars continue north to Spokane/Canada or east to
> Boise, or does some of the traffic get humped in
> Hinkle, and run back down the gorge to Portland,
> or through Portland to Seattle?

ANSWER: At Hinkle, the trains are broken up and classified. The plan is that only North/eastbound traffic make the journey from Portland out to Hinkle. But there are days that trains weren't blocked correctly, or a stray Albina car or two will be back in the train somewhere and make a journey to Hinkle, then back to Portland.
So, I guess it's not all that unusual for a train car with a destination in one of the Portland rail yards actually travel through Portland, then go up the Columbia River Gorge 185 miles to Hinkle, get reblocked and connected to a downstream train and end back up in Portland and eventually onto Barnes Yard.

Rail business logistics are very strange compared to others.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Around 2 PM today it stopped at Champ Siding in Portland, just west of the PDX Airport. About 6 miles from Union Pacific Barnes Yard. Oh, so close!

Ford Maverick Western Washington Route20211205

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here's to hoping that your trucks don't stay in Portland nearly as long. Mine hasn't moved since Tuesday.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Around 2 PM today it stopped at Champ Siding in Portland, just west of the PDX Airport. About 6 miles from Union Pacific Barnes Yard. Oh, so close!
Oh, the mysteries of Union Pacific! Now this morning it is further away...in the Albina Yard in Portland. That is on the south side of the City (the wrong direction). Champ Siding is literally on the same line as Barnes Yard, only six miles away. But now it has crossed the City, changing lines. It literally went through Albina on the way to Hinkle last week.

I guess it doesn't matter. I'm good with it, as long as it keeps moving and this is all necessary for it to get to it's destination at Barnes Yard to get on transport. I'm finding rail transport to be much more complex logistically than I assumed. It's not something I have ever paid attention to before until now. But I am nerdy guy so I am enjoying learning something new.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh, the mysteries of Union Pacific! Now this morning it is further away...in the Albina Yard in Portland. That is on the south side of the City (the wrong direction). Champ Siding is literally on the same line as Barnes Yard, only six miles away. But now it has crossed the City, changing lines. It literally went through Albina on the way to Hinkle last week.

I guess it doesn't matter. I'm good with it, as long as it keeps moving and this is all necessary for it to get to it's destination at Barnes Yard to get on transport. I'm finding rail transport to be much more complex logistically than I assumed. It's not something I have ever paid attention to before until now. But I am nerdy guy so I am enjoying learning something new.
Please keep posting your updates. I didn't get the rail information from my dealer but my truck was shipped 11/19 same as yours and is bound for the Seattle area.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The pals.com app has updated with the destination today. Hopefully it's delivered this week.

My truck arrived in Portland last Tuesday.

AeroMech21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT (Carbonized Grey)
Hoping for all of you to get your trucks this week! I have a friend that worked for Union Pacific, could definitely ask him how the transport system works haha.
Sponsored

Reactions: bgn