First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For the last six months or so my standard talking point has been that Maverick production is rapidly catching up with demand, and that we're gonna see discounting by late summer 2024. Well, ISeeCars.com just poked a hole in my balloon. I always adjust my internal narrative when presented with new facts. The frigging Maverick is #17 on the list of vehicles going over MSRP in January, like about $5,000 (edit - my mistake, they studied the last year). This shocked me. I know a lot of us bought at MSRP or even below. But apparently that's not the fleet average.

That's assuming their research methods are sound (it's worded vaguely). I'm always a bit mistrustful. Anyway, my new narrative is "Mavericks will be discounted by early 2025". Maybe they'll be clearing 2024 models for the fancy new 2025 refresh? I care because I plan to refresh my 2022 Maverick in CY 2025.

https://www.iseecars.com/new-cars-with-greatest-price-hikes-study#v=2024-01

Edit: Oh, I just realized their study goes back to Jan 2023. So that actually makes the whole thing kind of backwards looking and useless...

Methodology
iSeeCars analyzed over 16 million new car sales from January 2023 to January 2024. The average list prices of new cars, as well as the average of their MSRPs, were aggregated by month, as well as by body style, fuel type, and model. Heavy-duty vehicles and low-volume models were excluded from further analysis. The differences between average prices and average MSRP were expressed as percentage differences.​
Sponsored

Last edited:

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The latest research shows that the XLT Luxury Hybrid sells for an average of $540 over MSRP, and the XL Hybrid is $240 over MSRP. All of the EB models are below MSRP.

CA is doing its part to keep these numbers up... I am still seeing DAOs and ADMs on Mavericks in Southern California.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I read an article on Auto Blog that had the Mav ranked 8/10 for worst car deals because of markups.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the last six months or so my standard talking point has been that Maverick production is rapidly catching up with demand, and that we're gonna see discounting by late summer 2024. Well, ISeeCars.com just poked a hole in my balloon. I always adjust my internal narrative when presented with new facts. The frigging Maverick is #17 on the list of vehicles going over MSRP in January, like about $5,000 (edit - my mistake, they studied the last year). This shocked me. I know a lot of us bought at MSRP or even below. But apparently that's not the fleet average.

That's assuming their research methods are sound (it's worded vaguely). I'm always a bit mistrustful. Anyway, my new narrative is "Mavericks will be discounted by early 2025". Maybe they'll be clearing 2024 models for the fancy new 2025 refresh? I care because I plan to refresh my 2022 Maverick in CY 2025.

https://www.iseecars.com/new-cars-with-greatest-price-hikes-study#v=2024-01

Edit: Oh, I just realized their study goes back to Jan 2023. So that actually makes the whole thing kind of backwards looking and useless...

Methodology
iSeeCars analyzed over 16 million new car sales from January 2023 to January 2024. The average list prices of new cars, as well as the average of their MSRPs, were aggregated by month, as well as by body style, fuel type, and model. Heavy-duty vehicles and low-volume models were excluded from further analysis. The differences between average prices and average MSRP were expressed as percentage differences.​
I 'aint refreshing jack shit. A lot of us are old used car buyers who saw a rare opportunity in 2021. I paid MSRP minus $2750. I think that opportunity has passed and will not come again for Maverick.

Good luck with the refresh, though.

Sponsored

Schee99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat AWD FX4 & Tow, 2021 Toyota Prius
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In Northern Ca on the SF peninsula, i am seeing more Hybrids sitting on the lot. The mark-up was around 2-3k. But think people could get it back to MSRP. I had an opportunity on an XLT lux Tremor and the delear offered to split the mark up of about 3k if i bought it. I think if I really wanted it, i think i could have got it for MSRP.

OP- your estimate may not be too far off

SLH13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allegra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think it depends on where you live. Here in New England a lot of dealers are still marking up between $2-5,000. While others are MSRP. I even saw one at $8000 over MSRP. 🤯
One of our local dealer has a used 22 XL with 15,000 miles and its priced over $4000 the original MSRP. They actually have the window sticker on the web site!

Just went to check the site to see exactly how much over MSRP the 22 was. It's gone. Someone bought it. 🤯😵💫

Last edited:

ABTremor

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's almost as if Ford is carefully managing production totals to keep prices high!
I believe the CEO spun it as efficiency managing production and dealer inventory to better match consumer demand when he addressed shareholders a few years ago.....

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe the CEO spun it as efficiency managing production and dealer inventory to better match consumer demand when he addressed shareholders a few years ago.....
No doubt. His mandate is to make money for his shareholders. As it should be.

Sponsored

randysc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another thing to consider is those of us that got the $3400 private offer for waiting for 24 model from an original 23 order. That made my deal msrp less $3400 which I think was a great deal for waiting. Hybrid XLT msrp was 29,905

moneyhun89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We will probably never see much of a discount on mavericks unless the msrp jumps up a good bit on them.

The issue on a dealer level is a base xl has about $400 in markup from invoice to msrp and $450 holdback on the top of the scale the highest lariat I have seen has about of $1k markup and $850 hold back.

Ford probably won't really put rebates on them because they are not a big profit maker for them with the price point. If you think about it there isn't many vehicles out there that you can get for mid 20s that have as many benefits as the maverick.

PapaRico

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Translation: We will build a few less than what the market is asking for in order to create an artificial "shortage" that will increase demand while simultaneously increasing dealer profits.

With a sales triangle of Manufacturer, dealer, consumer. Guess who is the loser with this strategy. Like politicians, they can only get away with what we allow them to get away with.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's almost as if Ford is carefully managing production totals to keep prices high!
They make more money on other vehicles, their focus is however they can get paid the most.

Maverick exists to keep the MPG under control (playing the federal government game).
Sponsored