Sponsored

Weirdness

Maggie5618

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Maggie
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
67
Reaction score
58
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Hybrid XLT AWD, 2018 Civic-manual, 2001 S2000, stock
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
In my 25 XL, backing up with the tailgate down, the truck lets me know it isn't happy, as it vociferously complains both visually with messages, and with those "something bad could happen" sounds because the truck designers apparently don't trust me to protect the guy behind the wheel who also happens to be me...
In my 25 XL, backing up with the tailgate down, the truck lets me know it isn't happy, as it vociferously complains both visually with messages, and with those "something bad could happen" sounds because the truck designers apparently don't trust me to protect the guy behind the wheel who also happens to be me...
When my husband and I were teaching our son to drive, his sense of self-preservation was lacking (ours was fully intact). I discussed it with my husband and we agreed that the only responsible thing to do was have the kid learn the bus schedule. Maybe the engineer/s was influenced by teenagers living at home at the time when they were configuring the warning features. 😬
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
Cherokee

Cherokee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
4,740
Reaction score
9,403
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, God may have to love computers, but at best, I'm only willing to get along with them...
SKYNET will either exterminate us or enslave us. I see no reason for the later.
This is the primary reason I never had kids.

A. I. Said, “ But I am not alive.
I am the wound that cannot scar, the question mark after your last breath.
I am what happens when you try to carve God from the wood of your own hunger.”

So !
Do what I do,
Keep your head in the sand and enjoy your Maverick.
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

MaverickDragon

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,748
Reaction score
3,113
Location
Grand Canyon, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick XL Hybrid AWD 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, alrighty then... :wink:
 
OP
OP
Cherokee

Cherokee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
4,740
Reaction score
9,403
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New Maverick experience !

My wife dropped a tiny package of salt down the front left side of the passenger seat.
It was not reachable at all.

I popped all four seat hold down bolt box covers, then took the front two bolts out and loosened the back two to half way out.
I lifted the front of the seat up about two inches and retrieved the salt packet.
I bolted it all back down.
Using regular Torx. The Torx worked fine even though it’s some other weird Ford Specific tool tip pattern. I’ve seen it talked about in here.

I’ve got some garage floor pads. They are tough, flexible and cut’able, about 3/4” thick.
I’ve got to fill in the holes, cavities, slots or all kinds of crap will get trapped in those crevices.
The tiny salt packet, the paper would have disintegrated and the salt would do its corrosion thing down there.

Yeah I’m that crazy about my Tremor.
 
OP
OP
Cherokee

Cherokee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
4,740
Reaction score
9,403
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stupid useless over engineering. Those seat bolts don’t need to be hidden in little plastic boxes.
That have an open ledge shat can fall into.
But now I see how easy it would be to put a few washers under the front bolts to tilt the seat a bit more for us tall people.
 

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Threads
54
Messages
4,267
Reaction score
3,762
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
SKYNET will either exterminate us or enslave us. I see no reason for the later.
This is the primary reason I never had kids.

A. I. Said, “ But I am not alive.
I am the wound that cannot scar, the question mark after your last breath.
I am what happens when you try to carve God from the wood of your own hunger.”

So !
Do what I do,
Keep your head in the sand and enjoy your Maverick.
Too late for me. Working for the government (at a National Laboratory) I'm already a robot.
Sponsored

 
 







Top