Sponsored

Weak wi-fi reception? Maverick can't connect to home router...

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although my phone and tablet can where it is parked, the Maverick cannot. It fleetingly sees the SSIDs, but never long enough for me to get past the password. Anyone else need to drive through their front window to connect?

Also not sure how the Fordpass app communicates with the truck, because it does unlock/lock and start the car, but returns an error message saying it was unable to do so. Does the app use wi-fi to confirm or is it using cellular data? I live in an area with spotty cell service too, so I can't figure it out.
Sponsored

pauldonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The truck uses cellular data. But why are you trying to connect the truck to your home network? Didnā€™t know that was a thingā€¦

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The truck uses cellular data. But why are you trying to connect the truck to your home network? Didnā€™t know that was a thingā€¦
When connected through WiFi it will not use cellular data and can have better connection. I have my cell phone using my T-Mobile cellular WiFi router when at home because the antennas in it are much better than the cell phones and etc. Of course when I get 600-800 feet from my house the truck would drop the connection.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excuse the elementary question, but have you turned on wi-fi capability via the touchscreen? If yes, try turning it off, then turning off the engine and then opening and closing the driver's door. Then start the engine and try turning the wi-fi setting on again to metaphorically give that feature a kick in the posterior.

First half of this video is for SYNC 3 but the basics don't change much if at all on the SYNC 3 LIte.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In addition could upload/download data to hard drive and printer faster. I may see about saving my playlist updates to truck through WiFi. Huuummm?

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder if truck saves the individual trip data for at least a few days. Would be nice to have that saved on my home network automatically. How about having 12v charging times/frequency data? Etc

OP
OP
Montevilla

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also for OTA updates. But I can't help wonder if I'm not getting my FordPass points because the truck can't tell Big Brother I've activated its all-knowing data stream...šŸ˜„.

Excuse the elementary question, but have you turned on wi-fi capability via the touchscreen? If yes, try turning it off, then turning off the engine and then opening and closing the driver's door. Then start the engine and try turning the wi-fi setting on again to metaphorically give that feature a kick in the posterior.
Yep, only way to scan for available networks is with that flipped on. As for your other suggestion, sounds absolutely kooky...but at this point, I'll try anything.
Sponsored