Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

So much appreciation to @Bwicka

You found that our Tremors, and possibly other models of Maverick have a issue with where the ECM [computer] is located.

If you want to off road, Mud, snow, trail ride, puddle jump, screw around water or in general the ECM is real low. It behind the wheel liner behind the bumper.

It's a real bad place for rubbing πŸ˜• and water πŸ’§. But there is a solution. Unplug all the connections, pull out all the clips holding the wire loom to the various places. You will also need to unplug the transmission clips and re route the up towards the airbox.

[Removing the complete airbox will assist you with clearance and fewer curse 🀬 words.]

But reconnect, the wires. You have to fashion the mount plate to fit top of your fuse box. I trimmed off a few of the out laying attachments that arent need anymore. I mounted the plate to the inner fender. I also moved the horns to the top of the bracket and to one of the open holes πŸ•³ with a nut cert on it.

I spaced it with my homemade braket 1.5 inches above the fuse box.

Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240520_125054

Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240518_202104
Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240518_202049
Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240518_202043

Have at it.

Booyah πŸ‘ŠπŸ½ 😁 πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240407_124028

Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240518_202058

Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240518_202053
Sponsored

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So much appreciation to @Bwicka

You found that our Tremors, and possibly other models of Maverick have a issue with where the ECM [computer] is located.

If you want to off road, Mud, snow, trail ride, puddle jump, screw around water or in general the ECM is real low. It behind the wheel liner behind the bumper.

It's a real bad place for rubbing πŸ˜• and water πŸ’§. But there is a solution. Unplug all the connections, pull out all the clips holding the wire loom to the various places. You will also need to unplug the transmission clips and re route the up towards the airbox.

[Removing the complete airbox will assist you with clearance and fewer curse 🀬 words.]

But reconnect, the wires. You have to fashion the mount plate to fit top of your fuse box. I trimmed off a few of the out laying attachments that arent need anymore. I mounted the plate to the inner fender. I also moved the horns to the top of the bracket and to one of the open holes πŸ•³ with a nut cert on it.

I spaced it with my homemade braket 1.5 inches above the fuse box.

20240520_125054.jpg
20240518_202104.jpg
20240518_202049.jpg
20240518_202043.jpg

Have at it.

20240407_124028.jpg
Hell yeah!
That’s what I’m talking bout!

Sponsored

Vendria94

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What modifications did you do to the bracket and what is it mounted to? Some more of that would be helpful

OP
OP
thev8man

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

What modifications did you do to the bracket and what is it mounted to? Some more of that would be helpful

So the original mounting plate was trimmed. The longest piece that hangs off the top, I cut-off, and the piece on the back side of the playe i cut off.

One of the pieces I cut off, I bent into a "c" bracket to give me the clearance above the fuse box. I put that "c" bracket on top of the strut. I used the nut on top of the strut plastic cover. I figured I would run it there and see πŸ‘€ if I had any problems.

I mounted the other brackets on the plate to the inner fender with bolts and rubber washers. I just bent the brackets on the side to cooperate with where I needed them to be.

The bracket placement allows for the ECM and plate to be easily moved if necessary.

Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240518_202058

Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240518_202053

Ford Maverick Water fording upgrade: move / relocate ECM (my DIY solution) 20240518_202049

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope you dont have to get to your fuse panel anytime soon πŸ˜‚

Nice work though. I am really bummed this is where the BCM is originally located. Tons of Maverick BCMs are gonna have issues down the road from that original location.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thev8man

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I hope you dont have to get to your fuse panel anytime soon πŸ˜‚

Nice work though. I am really bummed this is where the BCM is originally located. Tons of Maverick BCMs are gonna have issues down the road from that original location.

It's the fuse box is accessible, but it does take a few more steps. And yes the ECM / Computer in original location will definitely be in question down the road. Especially if you upgrade the tires to a larger size.

MankDeems

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger 4X4 XLT, 04 Mazda6, 17 ninja300
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, I might just do this for the event of an accident. I'm sure Insurance would love to pay $2000 for a new ECU and wiring harness when I get backed into disabling my truck... Silly design great fix!

OP
OP
thev8man

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

Wow, I might just do this for the event of an accident. I'm sure Insurance would love to pay $2000 for a new ECU and wiring harness when I get backed into disabling my truck... Silly design great fix!
Booyah πŸ‘ŠπŸ½πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
It makes so much sense and I don't understand how it got overlooked on the Off road truck version especially.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I might have to poke around on my FX4 to see if it's the same location. Looks it could use a nice skid plate type metal cage -)

OP
OP
thev8man

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I might have to poke around on my FX4 to see if it's the same location. Looks it could use a nice skid plate type metal cage -)
Booyah πŸ‘ŠπŸ½πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Correct, I don't have first hand knowledge if it is in the same location. But it is definitely worth the look and addressing if it is.
Sponsored