First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This makes me sick. When will it end with these shady criminal dealerships. I was perusing cars.com and noticed a USED maverick with 600ish miles at Jarrett-Gordon Ford in Davenport, FL. (Was it an unsatisfied customer? A canceled order turned demo car turned used car?)

window sticker search reveals it was a special order originally with a $29,705 MSRP

However, in 2021 when used cars are magically worth more than new cars in FL by nearly $10K, it’s now for sale for nearly $39K!!! That’s more than a brand new Maverick with every imaginable option.

How are banks loaning people $ for these cars priced more than they’re worth. Is this the new 2008 crash building up or what? What happens if god forbid you crash your $40K car that’s really worth $20K by insurance? This is getting bonkers lol.

Ford Maverick Used Mav nearly $10K over its NEW MSRP! 11EDD781-7775-4D62-8564-F69F63FE9728

Ford Maverick Used Mav nearly $10K over its NEW MSRP! CDDBB3A4-00E7-4834-A06D-C24569DFCA2F
Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Just move on. And i mean move to another dealer. They can ask whatever they want, we had old excursions priced at $75k this year .. Book maybe 20k.. It a good time to find a GOOD dealer and there is an easy way to find them.

Let the bad dealers feast on the idiots. I know i wouldnt even make them an offer even if i knew i could get it at MSRP. How many others will never go to a dealer like that, just so the dealer can make a few pennies now...

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
This makes me sick. When will it end with these shady criminal dealerships. I was perusing cars.com and noticed a USED maverick with 600ish miles at Jarrett-Gordon Ford in Davenport, FL. (Was it an unsatisfied customer? A canceled order turned demo car turned used car?)

window sticker search reveals it was a special order originally with a $29,705 MSRP

However, in 2021 when used cars are magically worth more than new cars in FL by nearly $10K, it’s now for sale for nearly $39K!!! That’s more than a brand new Maverick with every imaginable option.

How are banks loaning people $ for these cars priced more than they’re worth. Is this the new 2008 crash building up or what? What happens if god forbid you crash your $40K car that’s really worth $20K by insurance? This is getting bonkers lol.

11EDD781-7775-4D62-8564-F69F63FE9728.png

CDDBB3A4-00E7-4834-A06D-C24569DFCA2F.jpeg
Get over it... It's business

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not really. It’s consumer protection / fraud.
It's absolutely not fraud and has nothing to do with consumer protection. Your feelings are hurt, that's all.

If you want to curb any retailer of any opportunity to make as much as the market will handle, then I suggest you also contribute to the dealerships survival as they have no new cars to sell. Awful lot of car salespeople not making a dime right now. Wanna help them out?

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They ask those prices because somewhere out there, some idiot will pay them. The only way prices on vehicles or anything else will come down is if people stop paying stupid money for stuff. The amount of people out there who are willing to pay stupid money for overpriced stuff is staggering. We need to get rid of the "gotta have it now" mentaility in order to get things back to normal.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

11EDD781-7775-4D62-8564-F69F63FE9728.png

CDDBB3A4-00E7-4834-A06D-C24569DFCA2F.jpeg
That's because they pay cash and don't need to go to the bank for financing

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
They ask those prices because somewhere out there, some idiot will pay them. The only way prices on vehicles or anything else will come down is if people stop paying stupid money for stuff. The amount of people out there who are willing to pay stupid money for overpriced stuff is staggering. We need to get rid of the "gotta have it now" mentaility in order to get things back to normal.
No.. Ford needs to get the veichles into the dealerships.

Problem is you have a 100 customers and 15 cars.

toftime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I talked to a sales guy at Greenway Ford in Orlando yesterday because they had one coming in not sold and he said there was going to be a $10,000 markup due to market demand on it. I said I will pass.

OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's absolutely not fraud and has nothing to do with consumer protection. Your feelings are hurt, that's all.

If you want to curb any retailer of any opportunity to make as much as the market will handle, then I suggest you also contribute to the dealerships survival as they have no new cars to sell. Awful lot of car salespeople not making a dime right now. Wanna help them out?
A year++ later, you still feel this way? The markups were fraud and greed 100%. Wanna help them out? I bought six new cars off lots since onset of Covid pandemic and 1 used… you? Your snobbery supersedes your knowledge of dealership floor plans And overall operations. Must be a TX thing - seeing a lot of that pop up here in CO.