First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the pictures and info. I have the same issue but haven't bothered taking to the dealer yet. Even if I had this part, I don't think I'd be able to plug it into the ACIM without further disassembly. I think I'll go through the dealer to get this done.
No problem! I also posted a thread here in which another user very kindly helped us out to see what the other end is plugged into:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cable-check-request.15492/

I will be trying to get a similar part soon and will update here with the results if it works.
Sponsored

sroctavio

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No problem! I also posted a thread here in which another user very kindly helped us out to see what the other end is plugged into:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cable-check-request.15492/

I will be trying to get a similar part soon and will update here with the results if it works.
I got it to work with this cable:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/391346062477

I think this is the same cable and seller for $1 more and faster shipping:

This is the only short mini-to-mini cable I could find. The rubber plugs are too tall and fat to physically fit into the slots in the Maverick, so I sanded them down just a little bit and they have a nice snug fit now. It doesn't take much sanding at all to get it there. Pictures:

Ford Maverick USB infotainment oops IMG_1267
Ford Maverick USB infotainment oops IMG_1268
Ford Maverick USB infotainment oops IMG_1269
Ford Maverick USB infotainment oops IMG_1270

The 1 ft length is perfect and both of the panels (USB and AC control) clipped back in easily. I tested it with Apple Carplay on my iPhone 8 for an hour and it worked as expected--music, navigation, calls, etc. It also charges the iPhone. I was using the big USB-A plug. Haven't tried USB-C yet but I will report back when I do.

Once the Ford part isn't backordered, I'll remove the cable before my next oil change and take it in for a proper replacement. But this will do for now.

Thank you @BB0 for the helpful info and pointing me to the pictures showing what/where the other end of the cable was!

Last edited:

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

This is the only short mini-to-mini cable I could find. The rubber plugs are too tall and fat to physically fit into the slots in the Maverick, so I sanded them down just a little bit and they have a nice snug fit now. It doesn't take much sanding at all to get it there. Pictures:

IMG_1267.jpg
IMG_1268.jpg
IMG_1269.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg

The 1 ft length is perfect and both of the panels (USB and AC control) clipped back in easily. I tested it with Apple Carplay on my iPhone 8 for an hour and it worked as expected--music, navigation, calls, etc. It also charges the iPhone. I was using the big USB-A plug. Haven't tried USB-C yet but I will report back when I do.

Once the Ford part isn't backordered, I'll remove the cable before my next oil change and take it in for a proper replacement. But this will do for now.

Thank you @BB0 for the helpful info and pointing me to the pictures showing what/where the other end of the plug was!
Fantastic!!! I will likely be getting one very similar to this shortly but sadly have not had the opportunity just yet. I appreciate you posting your success here and I’m happy for you that it’s now working!

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Weeeellll, been waiting since August finally took delivery and everything was tip top until I tried to run Android Auto. Evidently they did not connect the USB ports to anything. Dead on arrival. I have to wait until the "electrical guy" gets in to fix it all. Gonna have to navigate old school.....

Resized_20220325_150247.jpeg
The part number for the same part from an F-150 is FL3Z-14D202-B and is available for $19.58 for Tascaparts.com

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sumo E

Sumo E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 86 mustang 5.0, crosstreck, maverick ordere
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Sumo E

Sumo E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Lariat arrived at my dealer on 4/29 and I haven't even been able to bring it home or drive it yet because of this issue. They're trying to fix it but haven't had any luck. Makes me concerned about the future of my vehicle
Yeah my sales guy won't return calls anymore. I think after 30 years of buying Fords I might as well buy a Hyundai. At least there you don't have to plop down several grand to get a warranty worth having.

OP
OP
Sumo E

Sumo E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_1267.jpg
IMG_1268.jpg
IMG_1269.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg

Thank you @BB0 for the helpful info and pointing me to the pictures showing what/where the other end of the cable was!
Shame we have to do all of this with something we waited many months for the privilege of buying. Last Ford I'm ever buying.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez, their building them everyday, they can’t pull 1 and ship it. Where is Quality Control? This must have went out the window along the way….
You used the word quality control associated with a new vehicle build.........lol.

How about when Ford ships vehicles with rear brake lines not connected dripping fluid, no problem ship it. Or windshield installed crooked with gaps big enough to put your hand through, no problem ship it. Dealer will fix it. The stuff that comes off an assembly line sometime is just scary.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sumo E

Sumo E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll send whatever if you can have my dealer fix mine. All I get is excuses while looking at dozens of mavericks are sitting in a field waiting on chips.
Let me figure out how and I will. I'm kinda over Ford at this point.

OP
OP
Sumo E

Sumo E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now if they could just figure out after 4 months how to make the infotainment system actually work for the Ford Maverick I'd be impressed. I've checked every month and there's always a reason they can't quite get it together. I would be happy if I didn't have to take off work to get the oil changed just to be told (after the guy finished eating his pie at the service counter) the app says it's not ready to be changed after 4500 miles. Might have been nice to know two weeks ago when the appointment was scheduled through the magical app.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now if they could just figure out after 4 months how to make the infotainment system actually work for the Ford Maverick I'd be impressed. I've checked every month and there's always a reason they can't quite get it together. I would be happy if I didn't have to take off work to get the oil changed just to be told (after the guy finished eating his pie at the service counter) the app says it's not ready to be changed after 4500 miles. Might have been nice to know two weeks ago when the appointment was scheduled through the magical app.
Let me guess, free dealer oil change?

OP
OP
Sumo E

Sumo E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hahaha yeah "free" if you use your magical ford points in the wonderful app.
Sponsored