First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took mine in for this problem yesterday afternoon in addition to the infamous hybrid TSB. I thought that the software would be at most a two hour job and this would simply involve pulling the trim out as shown in the pic above but apparently they needed today as well... I just hope that 1) they keep this under warranty (I explicitly stated that I expect it to be and if for whatever reason you believe that it should not be, stop and I will take it back to find a dealer that would) and 2) they actually do it today. I had an appointment, so we shall see... I miss my truck already :(
Sponsored

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I forgot to update, but despite having an afternoon service appointment on Monday, they sat on it all afternoon and the following day (Tuesday). When they asked if they could keep it Wednesday, I politely declined since I am a two car household and both my wife and I work.

I'll try another dealership when I get the chance again, but I depend on having access to the truck (or my wife's car when she's off) so it's tough to work around.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Has anyone figured out if this a widespread recent production thing? I'm waiting on mine to be transported from the railyard and I'm assuming this is an oversight happening on all recently produced Mavericks?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The shop just called. They "forgot" to put the cable from USB ports to the infotainment system. They have to order it from Mexico.
Probably just one of many constraints?

Squirrelfight

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat arrived at my dealer on 4/29 and I haven't even been able to bring it home or drive it yet because of this issue. They're trying to fix it but haven't had any luck. Makes me concerned about the future of my vehicle

Sponsored

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like Broncos and Bronco Sports are having similar issues from what I found on the other model forums. Seems to be a pretty big QA oversight if you ask me.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Seems like Broncos and Bronco Sports are having similar issues from what I found on the other model forums. Seems to be a pretty big QA oversight if you ask me.
Gotta love it. I'm not even going to say anything when mine finally gets to the dealership. After waiting over 6 weeks for deliver (Maybe 7?) I don't want to wind up like the person above who can't take delivery because of it. I'd rather just fix it on my own even if I have to shell out money for the harness.

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta love it. I'm not even going to say anything when mine finally gets to the dealership. After waiting over 6 weeks for deliver (Maybe 7?) I don't want to wind up like the person above who can't take delivery because of it. I'd rather just fix it on my own even if I have to shell out money for the harness.
If you aren't absolutely positive that yours is even affected don't worry about it; there are far too many headaches you can obsess over that may end up being nothing :) I still took delivery of mine despite this issue having been there since day 1. Also, I'm the same way and that's why I asked for a part number in a previous thread! Sadly I didn't get one or else I would have ordered it by now. I would much rather do it myself than risk the dealership causing collateral damage or keep the truck to do this 2 hour job for a week.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
My Lariat arrived at my dealer on 4/29 and I haven't even been able to bring it home or drive it yet because of this issue. They're trying to fix it but haven't had any luck. Makes me concerned about the future of my vehicle
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thank you!

OP
OP
Sumo E

Sumo E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 86 mustang 5.0, crosstreck, maverick ordere
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thank you!
I'll send whatever if you can have my dealer fix mine. All I get is excuses while looking at dozens of mavericks are sitting in a field waiting on chips.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sumo E

Sumo E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 86 mustang 5.0, crosstreck, maverick ordere
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Isn't it just a fancy mini-USB wire to the ACIM? Although I'm not positive what connector the other end that plugs into the ACIM is.
Just ordered it! Thx!

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just ordered it! Thx!
What did you order? Did you find out what connector is on the other end of the cable somehow?

PRH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Sumo ... what exactly did you order?

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since I had a minute I went out to my truck to troubleshoot. I pulled the interior interface panel (the blue plastic surrounding the ports) and confirmed that I am indeed completely missing the cable necessary. It looks like the part number that I need is NZ6T-14D202-AA from another user’s picture of that area but I can’t find it anywhere on google. Does anyone have the ability to browse parts on an official ford system?
Pictures I took for reference; I hope they help someone:
Ford Maverick USB infotainment oops 5AF14016-CFA0-4C5E-B16F-389026407470
Ford Maverick USB infotainment oops 74051CD1-45E8-43CB-B36E-2AF1ED1C2559
Ford Maverick USB infotainment oops E1A3266F-5330-4E76-AE44-8761A92E6DAE

EDIT: I think this is it and it is indeed on back order
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...es/cable-assembly-14200213-1#/modalAddVehicle

sroctavio

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since I had a minute I went out to my truck to troubleshoot. I pulled the interior interface panel (the blue plastic surrounding the ports) and confirmed that I am indeed completely missing the cable necessary. It looks like the part number that I need is NZ6T-14D202-AA from another user’s picture of that area but I can’t find it anywhere on google. Does anyone have the ability to browse parts on an official ford system?
Pictures I took for reference; I hope they help someone:
5AF14016-CFA0-4C5E-B16F-389026407470.jpeg
74051CD1-45E8-43CB-B36E-2AF1ED1C2559.jpeg
E1A3266F-5330-4E76-AE44-8761A92E6DAE.jpeg

EDIT: I think this is it and it is indeed on back order
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...es/cable-assembly-14200213-1#/modalAddVehicle

Thanks for the pictures and info. I have the same issue but haven't bothered taking to the dealer yet. Even if I had this part, I don't think I'd be able to plug it into the ACIM without further disassembly. I think I'll go through the dealer to get this done.
Sponsored