Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone looked into a better charging pad for the one that comes with the Lariat Lux? When running wireless AA, the pad struggles to keep up, and breaks even in charge, and just generates heat. I suspect this charging pad lacks coils for putting in more energy into modern phones.

Does Ford have a more powerful charger? Do we know how to measure the output of the factory one?
Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford didn't offer the charging pad to XLT buyers, right? If you have an XLT, can you add a charging pad? Has anyone done it? Is it difficult?

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford didn't offer the charging pad to XLT buyers, right? If you have an XLT, can you add a charging pad? Has anyone done it? Is it difficult?
Yes you can. The parts required are very expensive .

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't remember the thread, but it has been done. I think they just used a USB port from the back of the center console and ran the charging pad cable along the base of the center console and set a pad in the space. It's on here somewhere.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AA / Car Play both drain batteries especially on wireless. If you are on an extended trip and not using wired, I would suggest a wired charger rather than a wireless one. I bought one of these, and it can do up to 30w with only 1 port in use, and sits near flush to the 12v outlet. I can add a picture in a few.

I picked this one specifically so that I can use it on longer trips where the drain outpaces wireless charging ( don't have a Lariat yet, I know it will outpace Qi charging, but I have my doubts about the output even wired to USB C)

USB C and A 12v Charger

Last edited:

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Upgrade wireless charging pad? 38CD7B42-549D-46C6-806C-2AFE6418D3FF

DrDan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone looked into a better charging pad for the one that comes with the Lariat Lux? When running wireless AA, the pad struggles to keep up, and breaks even in charge, and just generates heat. I suspect this charging pad lacks coils for putting in more energy into modern phones.

Does Ford have a more powerful charger? Do we know how to measure the output of the factory one?
Your best bet is to get one of these from Amazon. Fits in the space perfectly....has a short USB cord that connects to your USB jack in the truck. An iPhone 12 or 13 ProMax easily fits on it.

JoshuaC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your best bet is to get one of these from Amazon. Fits in the space perfectly....has a short USB cord that connects to your USB jack in the truck. An iPhone 12 or 13 ProMax easily fits on it.
What did you get?

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

UUMAO Invisible Wireless Charger, Under Desk Furniture Wireless Charging Pad QI 10W,Hidden Long Distance Wireless Phone Charger,for 13/13 Pro/Mini/Max/12/SE /11, Samsung, AirPods/QI Standard Phones https://a.co/d/bhp0t4p

Last edited:

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Who said Anker? Genuine fors parts that work with sync 3.
The Ford parts are the only thing that will show the phone charging icon in the infotainment screen, but that's a very minor benefit.

Otherwise the Anker is probably better.

I never use my factory wireless charging pad because I'm always wired. That said if I bought a wireless Android Auto adapter then wireless charging is more appealing but another poster mentioned that it's still not enough on long trips. That's right. Google maps will drain a phone that is only using wireless charging.