Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So now at close to 200 miles driven I’m averaging 40mpg still with 366 miles left to go in the tank-wow this is over 500 miles per tank

A7B4667F-FE3C-4DE1-9B77-7288AC6D0DCD.jpeg
Thats great mileage. When you get ready to refill the tank could you tell us how many gallons you actually used ?? Thanks
Sponsored

jima7777

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
You're going to love it. Great mileage- right in line what it should be. I've had several hybrids, great experience with them all (Camry hybrid, Mercury hybrid, and Chevy Volt). Still waiting for my Lariat hybrid (Sept 17 order date)- it will be worth the wait.

Mavrcktrk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW TDI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Real world hybrid mileage.

With 112 miles driven I’m showing 39.2 average mpg with 380 left in the tank to empty. This is mixed freeway and city driving.

73171AA0-C811-4B6F-ADD9-A010D2F6A187.jpeg

C9689C15-2395-4FE5-A737-644C34C8C2DB.jpeg
I would suggest doing the calculation yourself after a fill up. Those readings can be wildly inaccurate and you have not driven long enough to get an estimate that is even close to real world mileage.

bscarpenter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. XL Hybrid, 360, manual slider,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the TFL mpg video they overfilled the tank completely going against the warning to not do that. So take their numbers with a grain of salt. The proper way is to stop fueling when the nozzle shuts off the first time.

Of course the best way to calculate MPG is the paper way. After filling up by "stop fueling when the nozzle shuts off the first time" is:

Miles driven / Gallons put in as shown on the gas receipt = MPG

That said for that to happen hybrid owners will need to travel 450+ miles for the first fill up.

As for how the computer calculates MPG numbers it is pretty simple as:

Miles driven / fuel used = MPG

It doesn't matter if the ICE engine is running to charge the HVB or heat the cabin or drive the wheels if gas is used it is in the fuel amount used.

Refueling your Hybrid.JPG
If you a are doing the calculation yourself - as they did on TFL- it doesn’t matter if you over fuel. .

Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
On the TFL mpg video they overfilled the tank completely going against the warning to not do that. So take their numbers with a grain of salt. The proper way is to stop fueling when the nozzle shuts off the first time.

Of course the best way to calculate MPG is the paper way. After filling up by "stop fueling when the nozzle shuts off the first time" is:

Miles driven / Gallons put in as shown on the gas receipt = MPG

That said for that to happen hybrid owners will need to travel 450+ miles for the first fill up.

As for how the computer calculates MPG numbers it is pretty simple as:

Miles driven / fuel used = MPG

It doesn't matter if the ICE engine is running to charge the HVB or heat the cabin or drive the wheels if gas is used it is in the fuel amount used.

Refueling your Hybrid.JPG
The, “overfill “technique is done for accuracy, commonly used on TV shows checking mileage.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does 5:25:42 mean? Does it mean that you drove only 112 miles in 5 hours and 25 minutes? Average 20 mph? Seems very odd.

I thought the same.

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am getting between 29 and 31 mpg combined on my AWD 2.0L XLT 4K Tow package I am at 1200 miles now. Premium gas definately adds 2 mpg to the results.
PXL_20211208_014158824.MP.jpg
My AWD FX4 2.0 turbo gets about 31 fwy and 19-21 city. The city driving mileage is a real disappointment to me. I expected at least 24 cities driving. I have been light-footed and trying to conserve. I needed a four-wheel drive, so I'll be converting over when they have a hybrid AWD. LOVE the truck overall!

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
What does 5:25:42 mean? Does it mean that you drove only 112 miles in 5 hours and 25 minutes? Average 20 mph? Seems very odd.
Is it maybe just the actual tme? My first thought was length of time for tat trip, but that doesn't fit.

Sponsored

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While that's much lower than our Hyundai Ioniq hybrid (56 mpg all city-70 mpg all hwy), for a pick-up truck those are great numbers--well beyond the numbers of my 2016 F-150 (20-25mpg, with the small V6) and 2019 Ranger (22-27mpg, with the 4cl). I'm what they call a hypermiler (i.e., making the effort to drive for max efficiency), so I expect my 2.5L hybrid Mav (whenever I get it, LOL) to hit at least its EPA numbers (42 city, 33 hwy).

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok as promised here’s my first day of use in the business truck fully loaded with a 295 lbs guy driving it normal mode about 95% of the mile where wh miles I’m very impressed with the truck no complaints at all. Also I have never had a truck that added 50 miles to e at the end of the day
Ford Maverick [Updated] Real world Hybrid Maverick MPG mileage after 200+ miles (by owner) F88F97B9-3BDA-4BB4-8F8F-2A15D5A47612

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Manually tracked fillups at Fuelly is the only data I trust.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/maverick/2022

I've tracked over 150k miles there myself across 5 different vehicles.

You have to do at least 3 fill ups before your data becomes visible to the public.

If you're curious how hybrid Mavs will do all you have to do is look at the latest generation (2021-22) of Escape hybrids. Be sure to ignore the Plug Ins though. Spoiler alert, the average is 39 MPGs across almost 1 Million miles of fillups.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/escape?engineconfig_id=288&bodytype_id=&submodel_id=
Sponsored

Last edited: