Sponsored

Underbody shield knocking / flapping under vehicle (when driving on highway)

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else have this issue, that the felt like fabric bolted to the bottom of the truck flaps around and is knocking under my feet while driving on the highway?
I checked and all bolts are there and tight. Just making sure I'm not missing anything. It's not always, comes and goes
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I
Anyone else have this issue, that the felt like fabric bolted to the bottom of the truck flaps around and is knocking under my feet while driving on the highway?
I checked and all bolts are there and tight. Just making sure I'm not missing anything. It's not always, comes and goes
had this issue the other day on the highway when we had 60 mph gusts…

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably has a tear and is flapping around should be snug tug on it on both sides

Ford Maverick Underbody shield knocking / flapping under vehicle (when driving on highway) 16584179318634291921127495055911

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The underbody 'frame' has a tab which supports the shield when properly installed via 15 T30 screws. I doubt the average high school lube jockey knows about such things.

OP
OP
GambleGarage

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The underbody 'frame' has a tab which supports the shield when properly installed via 15 T30 screws. I doubt the average high school lube jockey knows about such things.
Mine comes and goes. It’s weird. Did it for the first few thousand miles then every now and again it happens

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. It is not the front panel but the long panels that are on each side running towards the rear. Initially it was not a problem but after about 5000 miles they have gotten much worse. I am looking at reinforcing them some how or replacing them with something more rigid.

UPDATE: Seems worse in wet weather. I am wondering if they were coated, on the smooth upperside, with bedliner if that would stiffen them up and help reduce rattling?
Sponsored

Last edited: