Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ok you took the words away from me. I was waiting for beeping during sex comment đŸ€Ș
CASTRATION! DOUBLE CASTRATION!!

Also i miss the seatbelts that used to attack you.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So it is safer to drive with a seat belt. I’m not here to dispute that. When it comes to this situation you are still making assumptions. For example: I work on test sites that have no other cars. I need to get out every 50 feet or so. Should I put my seat belt on 300 times a day?
So how many mpg will a hybrid get you while you are at work? Think of it as $$ saved every time it beeps. Or maybe you are the new hire and the other workers are back in the building working and laughing while thinking of the super critical assignment they told the new guy to do? 😂😂😂

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't buckle my seatbelt when going from walmart to home depot through a parking lot, my kids unbuckle their seatbelt so they can get their backpacks and such in the school parking lot, I don't buckle my seatbelt when running my daughter to the bus stop on a dead residential road because it's 5 degrees outside... I wear my seatbelt any time I'm actually driving, always have, always will. The chime is annoying as crap during the times that no real driving is going on.
Holy cow!!! You excluded wearing a seat belt while driving in a Walmart or Home Depot parking lot??? People are always zipping across lanes and barreling through those parking lots. You are either going to wear a seat belt or not. I am a fan and have seen them in action. It doesn't bother me if you feel like you are tougher than a 2000 pound car hitting you. No one is forcing you to wear eye protection if you are cutting wood on a table saw. You don't have to wear a mitt when pulling something out of the oven. Be bold, be your own person, don't let anyone suggest to you to do something you don't want to. Stuff your kids in the car and cruise through parking lots or nieghborhoods, to teach them that's not really driving. I'm not judging you. I'm just saying seat belts are a good thing. If you don't like hearing the chime they developed a simple way to turn it off... just pull the belt across your body and plug it in... there now, was that difficult?

Qwillex

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav Hybrid XLT, 04 Ford F350, 12 Mazda CX-9
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy cow!!! You excluded wearing a seat belt while driving in a Walmart or Home Depot parking lot??? People are always zipping across lanes and barreling through those parking lots. You are either going to wear a seat belt or not. I am a fan and have seen them in action. It doesn't bother me if you feel like you are tougher than a 2000 pound car hitting you. No one is forcing you to wear eye protection if you are cutting wood on a table saw. You don't have to wear a mitt when pulling something out of the oven. Be bold, be your own person, don't let anyone suggest to you to do something you don't want to. Stuff your kids in the car and cruise through parking lots or nieghborhoods, to teach them that's not really driving. I'm not judging you. I'm just saying seat belts are a good thing. If you don't like hearing the chime they developed a simple way to turn it off... just pull the belt across your body and plug it in... there now, was that difficult?
You sound like a cool keyboard warrior. The best things about forums is the ignore feature, I recommend you put me on your list, you're going on mine.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s illegal to not wear your seatbelt. You may be a safe driver but I’m sure you know others are not and accidents are accidents because they were not intended to happen. A moose or deer jumps in front of your maverick? Your head will not do well when it slams into the dashboard in a little Maverick. You’d be better of dead than living with injuries you likely would obtain. You’re rolling the dice, needlessly. For what? And when your insurance company sees you disabled your seatbelt chimes and weren’t wearing a belt because you’re a tough guy- good luck. You’re an idiot for not wearing your seatbelt, straight up. Your choice, but not a smart one.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It’s illegal to not wear your seatbelt. You may be a safe driver but I’m sure you know others are not and accidents are accidents because they were not intended to happen. A moose or deer jumps in front of your maverick? Your head will not do well when it slams into the dashboard in a little Maverick. You’d be better of dead than living with injuries you likely would obtain. You’re rolling the dice, needlessly. For what? And when your insurance company sees you disabled your seatbelt chimes and weren’t wearing a belt because you’re a tough guy- good luck. You’re an idiot for not wearing your seatbelt, straight up. Your choice, but not a smart one.
When I was growing up seat belts weren't a thing. You had to brace yourself as you slid around a corner if you had bench seats. People fussed about them when they came out, just like some do now. There was a phase when manufactures had those crazy automatic seat belts that were attached to the door. They finally settled on a 3 point system we have now. Much better design. A seat belt does more than just protect you if you lose control of the car... it helps protect you if you get hit by one of the multitude of folks that shouldn't be driving. It is eye opening to hear how many people are driving without a license. As you said, if someone wants to gamble with their own life without a seat belt... it is their choice. I hate to see people make that choice for their kids too. All you have to do is click the buckle in place. Amazingly simple.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.