Sponsored

U3012 & C0564 Error Code

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
337
Reaction score
479
Location
Oakland County, MI
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this morning I tried starting my 2023 Maverick with the key and it wouldn't start. There were some error messages on the dash but I forgot what they were. Short of being upset I pulled out my iPhone to see if there were anything being displayed and I decided to see if I can start my 2023 Maverick XLT hybrid with the app and it started.

I have a solid check engine light on and took it to Auto Zone to pull the code and it was U3012 and C0564. Did a deep dive on this with google and it pointed to the battery. I did upgrade my battery about a year ago with the Ford AGM and since then I never had the deep sleep mode error but this morning I couldn't start it with the key but was able to start it with the app. I have about 59,335 miles on it now. Auto Zone said they couldn't clear the code which was fine with me.

Should I take it in to the dealership to clear the code and look at my 1 year old AGM battery they installed for me. I'm hoping they give me a loaner car but since it's over 3 years old who knows and this dealership is pretty big.

Also, google suggested I inform the dealership of the following:

Requested Service Actions
  1. Perform Software Updates per SSM 53801:
    Please hook the vehicle up to the FDRS diagnostic system and update the software profile for the Air Conditioning Control Module (ACCM). The current factory software is triggering a parasitic overnight drain, causing the low-voltage network wake-up failure (U3012).
  2. Request Warranty Coverage under Hybrid Component Warranty:
    Because this parasitic drain is driven entirely by a firmware fault within the hybrid-integrated climate control module (ACCM), please apply diagnostic time and module flashing under the 8-Year/100,000-Mile Hybrid Unique Component Warranty.
  3. Warranty Load-Test on the AGM Battery:
    Please perform a full diagnostic load-test on the 12V AGM battery under the rear passenger seat. Because it has suffered persistent deep-cycling from the unpatched ACCM software drain over the last year, verify that the cells are healthy. If the battery fails the load test, please process a replacement under its active 36-month Ford Parts Warranty.
Sponsored

 

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Oct 27, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
2,253
Reaction score
2,864
Location
Laurens county SC
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I wish you luck getting coverage under the hybrid component warranty. Maybe your dealer has some way to use it. Have you been using "The Tricks" to keep your battery at full charge since we learned them? You didn't say how long that AGM has been installed but, if it's been the better part of a year or more, your battery is probably sulfated if you've not been using "The Tricks"
A fairly new AGM may only need to be fully charged and then start using your parking lights full time (one of the tricks).
Edit: Upon review I think this answer is too short. You should know the SSM 53801 is about: a potential parasitic 12v battery drain caused by the AACM (HVAC module) and possibly others that can leave your vehicle 12v battery dead or too weak to start. SSM's (Special Service Messages) are not specifically warranty repairs. They tell the techs procedures to use if certain conditions happen. This one has them apply software updates to the AACM and some other modules to help prevent parasitic drains. A highly sulfated 12v battery can be finished off by this.
 
Last edited:

El Kabong

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
427
Reaction score
863
Location
Carnation, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD, 2017 VW Golf Wolfsburg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Normally auto parts places won't clear codes for you, folks complain about it but they aren't allowed to do this.

As @Waterick menations the good news is that if the AGM battery is only a year old it may be recoverable with a good quality charger. The bad news is that this should be done as a very slow (long) charge cycle to recondition the battery, and if the battery is sulphated might not bring it back to more than 80-90% capacity (sulphation seems not too likely for a 1 year old AGM).

I hope that your dealership just replaces the battery for you, then you should do the parking lamp trick as advised.
 
OP
OP
Bear

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
337
Reaction score
479
Location
Oakland County, MI
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish you luck getting coverage under the hybrid component warranty. Maybe your dealer has some way to use it. Have you been using "The Tricks" to keep your battery at full charge since we learned them? You didn't say how long that AGM has been installed but, if it's been the better part of a year or more, your battery is probably sulfated if you've not been using "The Tricks"
A fairly new AGM may only need to be fully charged and then start using your parking lights full time (one of the tricks).
Edit: Upon review I think this answer is too short. You should know the SSM 53801 is about: a potential parasitic 12v battery drain caused by the AACM (HVAC module) and possibly others that can leave your vehicle 12v battery dead or too weak to start. SSM's (Special Service Messages) are not covered by basic warranty. They tell the techs procedures use use if certain conditions happen. This has them apply software updates to the AACM and some other modules to help prevent parasitic drains. A highly sulfated 12v battery can be finished off by this.

The AGM battery is probably about a year and 2 months (I need to look at my receipts). I didn't know about "The Trick" and never placed my trickle charger on the AGM battery when it was installed. After getting the codes I placed my trickle charger on the AGM battery for about 3 hours. When I went to use my Maverick the check engine lights was gone. Hopefully, they will give me a new battery and I will do "The Trick"

I'm going to take in my Maverick to have them check it out and get that trailer recall issue fixed.
 

Cancunbadlands

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Cancun
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
4,910
Reaction score
5,448
Location
Cancun
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
The AGM battery is probably the best way!
 

johnDeere

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
john
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
125
Reaction score
96
Location
south haven mi
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford maverick xlt hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well that’s a new one, the truck would not start using the key, but you could start the truck with the ford app.
If the battery was low, and triggered the battery saver mode, one thing that gets turned off first is logging into the truck with your phone.
Sponsored

 
 







Top