Ambient Temp Sensor Error

user34fs7jge

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
The FordPass app sent this alert about the ambient temp sensor tonight after a 30ish mile drive. Will be taking it in for service on Friday.

Ford Maverick Ambient Temp Sensor Error 1F8E2130-DB5D-45CD-8A07-44C6121C616E
Sponsored

OP
OP
user34fs7jge

user34fs7jge

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Just an update to note that the temperature sensor sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t at the moment. When it’s “working” the temp is off by quite a bit. Temp inside the cabin is also a little squirrelly.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Just an update to note that the temperature sensor sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t at the moment. When it’s “working” the temp is off by quite a bit. Temp inside the cabin is also a little squirrelly.
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks

OP
OP
user34fs7jge

user34fs7jge

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Update 2: Dropped the vehicle off for service on Friday morning. Haven't heard anything yet. Called this morning but was told to wait until Monday when the person in charge of my issue will be in.

They did confirm when I dropped it off that there was a problem. The ambient temp sensor was reading 171 degrees in the service center. :oops:

OP
OP
user34fs7jge

user34fs7jge

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Update 3: New temperature sensor was delivered and installed yesterday (Monday), but it didn’t resolve the issue. Local service is talking with Ford and working through a troubleshooting flowchart.

Ford has been in touch most days with updates.

Asked for a loaner today since it looks like it’ll be a while. Nothing so far on that front.

Sponsored

OP
OP
user34fs7jge

user34fs7jge

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Final update: Much to my surprise I got a call early this morning saying the truck had been repaired and was ready to be picked up. I was told that the folks at Ford had the local techs install a circuit overlay after installing the new sensor hardware. The circuit overlay resolved the issue and passed all testing from Ford.

This afternoon I got a call from the case agent I've been working with from Ford who offered me a complimentary Ford Protect Premium Maintenance Plan for the trouble. Square deal. No complaints here.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Final update: Much to my surprise I got a call early this morning saying the truck had been repaired and was ready to be picked up. I was told that the folks at Ford had the local techs install a circuit overlay after installing the new sensor hardware. The circuit overlay resolved the issue and passed all testing from Ford.

This afternoon I got a call from the case agent I've been working with from Ford who offered me a complimentary Ford Protect Premium Maintenance Plan for the trouble. Square deal. No complaints here.
I'd say you made out on that one. Sorry for your inconvenience. Glad it worked out.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is a circuit overlay?

OP
OP
user34fs7jge

user34fs7jge

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
My understanding is that they re-connected it on an existing circuit because it was shorting on the circuit it was designed to use. I'm glad it worked but obviously that doesn't inspire confidence. Could also be perfectly fine though. Time will tell.
Sponsored