Trying to decide which AT tires to throw on my Maverick hybrid XLT

ebz_mav

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Looking at the Cooper Discoverer AT3 and the Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus for all year round. Threw a quick mockup together with the Scorpion ATs on. We don’t get too much snow where I am in MD, but I’ve been pretty happy with the Discoverers on my wrangler for the past couple years for daily driving.
Ford Maverick Trying to decide which AT tires to throw on my Maverick hybrid XLT C2E1C574-242D-4F16-B7D0-A77CFD713EFA
Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm also going hybrid and I'm eyeing (possibly) the Yokohama Geolandars, Falken Wildpeak or Toyo AT3, but am keeping an eye on other options as we slowly get closer to vehicles being built.

Last edited:

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Looking at the Cooper Discoverer AT3 and the Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus for all year round. Threw a quick mockup together with the Scorpion ATs on. We don’t get too much snow where I am in MD, but I’ve been pretty happy with the Discoverers on my wrangler for the past couple years for daily driving.
C2E1C574-242D-4F16-B7D0-A77CFD713EFA.png
Looks great. Adds some much needed beef to the wheels.

OP
OP
ebz_mav

ebz_mav

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I'm also going hybrid and I'm eyeing (possibly) the Yokohama Geolandars, Falken Wildpeak or Toyo AT3, but am keeping an eye on other options as we slowly get closer to vehicles being built.
So many options to look at now haha. I was basing my first thoughts on AT tires from the Tire Rack Ratings Chart for that category of tire.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many options to look at now haha. I was basing my first thoughts on AT tires from the Tire Rack Ratings Chart for that category of tire.
LOL - yeah, I definitely look at those ratings as well as those on some of the retail tire seller (such as Discount Tire) sites. I will likely get some good A/T tires and use the OEM tires as well, with whichever one is better in the snow/ice during the Winter.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After looking up the Falken Wildpeaks that are coming on mine, I'm pretty impressed. They look mean and have a lot of great reviews.
Had them on our Forester we just sold. They’re fantastic. Handled snow, rain, and light to moderate off-roading (mud and snow) like a champ.

OP
OP
ebz_mav

ebz_mav

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Are you guys going 225 or 235?

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Had them on our Forester we just sold. They’re fantastic. Handled snow, rain, and light to moderate off-roading (mud and snow) like a champ.
I second that. They performed flawlessly in the snow and wore like iron. I also have had the Goodyear Duratracs. Same story.

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
The Discoverer AT3 definitely leans on the all-season side of the A/T tire spectrum, whereas something like the Good Year Wrangler UltraTerrain A/T (Discount Tire exclusive) leans on the mud-terrain side.

I'm a function-over-form person, but for the Maverick hybrid, I'd break my own rule. The most dirt it'd see is a gravel road. But I'd get Toyo Open Country A/T III's as a mix between function and form.

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone ever had any experience with Cooper Adventurer A/Ts? They seem to be a pep boys exclusive. I can get a set of 4 245/65r17s for around $500.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

According to the marketing speak, wild peaks are the first/ only off road tire designed specifically for unibody vehicles. But obv take that one with a grain of salt