Sponsored

Bigger tires on my '22 XLT - recommendations?

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick ‘22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have had my maverick for about a year now, was looking into the 2.5 inch super lift and either bf Goodrich ko2s or Toyo open country at3s, both 245/70/17.
Any recommendations? And if anyone has these tires, do they rub and was there any trimming required?
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

KO2s are terrible choices for these trucklets. Very heavy.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
235/65R17 Wildpeak AT3W's and a level. Skip the lift unless it's a full on strut lift like @Flatout Suspension offers. IMO, pucks are garbage. I'd personally go 1.5 to 2" max. 1.5" would be the sweet spot to keep drivetrain angles healthy enough for DDing. But a 1" level is really all these trucks "need". Not much out there currently. I'm waiting.

The Wildpeaks are hands down the best tire you can get for the money. Check my setup out in my sig, this is my first time running KO2's and it'll be my last. They are just loud, squirmy and I can already tell by the trails they won't have the grip I want for a year round tire in Montana. The best part of the tire is the sidewall for mud and if that is your goal, you are going to want an M/T anyways.

No trimming needed but 245's compared to 235's (65R17) you compromise way too many revolutions per mile. Not really worth it on these trucks. I did it though lol. Plenty of people running 245s here. Just stay at 65R17 no matter what you do. Anyone running a size over that is beyond the limits for these drivetrains, especially with strut pucks.

Are you getting/do you have the 4k gearing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick ‘22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As of right now i do not have the 4k gearing, but i have heard a ton of good stuff about the wildpeaks.

OP
OP
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick ‘22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve seen a lot of people go for the 245/70 though, the look of it is awesome, but how much would i really lose overall as opposed to a 245/65?

Sponsored

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To hop on the Wildpeak at3w train, I'm happy with mine (235/65). I doubt you'd have to trim at all for 245/65 or even 245/70.

OP
OP
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick ‘22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely considering them more now, also beatifiul truck, mine is also alto blue!
Sponsored