First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks good, what is the load rating for the wheels? Are they hub centric for the Maverick?

I put Continental Crosscontact ATRs on my Hybrid, 25lbs each, and their more square profile equates to an additional 1” tread width in the stock 225 size...

How are you liking those tires?
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How are you liking those tires?
I like them, IMO they are prefect for my Hybrid. As light as the stock tires, , a 1" wider tread, and no difference in fuel economy. If I had it to do over again I would still choose them....

OP
OP
Burdy

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What milage are you seeing with this setup? Im interested but will stay with my OEM XLT wheels.
What milage are you seeing with this setup? Im interested but will stay with my OEM XLT wheels.
Did you read my post update on highway mileage? Maybe I will add that to the original post for new viewers.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-6lbs-per-corner-over-stock.29023/post-548567

I have not been able to do a full city-ish tank yet but I was able to do it for a half a tank or so using the EV coach and was averaging 46 mpg with the new setup. Once I can get a full city tank, I will update that as well. IMO, the highway mileage post tells you everything you need to know about the effects (or lack thereof) that I am seeing on mileage and will be more reliable than trying to gauge affects in city driving (too many factors).

Also, to answer your DM message, road noise is increased but very minimal. If you didn't know how quiet the stock marshmallow tires were, you would never think anything of it.

OP
OP
Burdy

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just an update, since some have asked. I love the combo. I am getting 42 mpg per tank when I really want to get good MPG and 37 mpg if I drive it like I stole it and run 85+ down the highway with no regard to mileage. If I hyper-miled city only, I think 48-49 is a sure thing, perhaps I could touch 50 for a tank but I wouldn't want to drive that annoyingly.

Road noise and ride are great with only a slight increase in road noise over a particular concrete surface, like the ones on the interstate that look "scratched" as they await new paving.

I also did end up getting my center caps and am happy with how it turned out.
I really think the Mav XL Hybrid is one heckuva value. I'm just over 6k miles in and couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Ford Maverick Put AT tires on my Hybrid Maverick and still saved 5.6lbs per corner over stock PXL_20230723_141915304
Sponsored