First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like it’s possible to get it all in ultra tiny diy truck bed camper. Includes framing and layout work to the end of video.
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like it’s possible to get it all in ultra tiny diy truck bed camper. Includes framing and layout work to the end of video.
Math does not work for a Maverick 4.5' bed...only small children could lay down and sleep in a Maverick version.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It works he states the size as a full sized sleeping bed. With minor ovehangs over sides of truck sides ( like the tent that started this thread ) it’s doable.

protijy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Word of warning. This two person tent has a stiff rigid bar across the center lengthwise. Got a cheap knockoff version with different leg design ( didn’t work ) and the bar caused more problems than it’s usefulness for more space. My dog refused to stay in the tent and choose to sleep below the tent anyway.
When I do get the correct version with this leg design I want one without the middle bar.
Funny I actually really liked the bar across the middle. It kept my son from rolling onto me in the night which his generally does in our backpacking tent 😂

Sponsored

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I’ll just sleep on the ground. You can buy a lot of bear spray and air horns for the cost of the cab over tents.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, I’ll just sleep on the ground. You can buy a lot of bear spray and air horns for the cost of the cab over tents.
All you need is a Mexican blanket, bike, and a campfire!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You often get what you pay for. 80% of tents and tarps are made in Vietnam, China, etc. A company like XYZ Big Name or an individuals can order one thousand portable tents for $100+- dollars each/with volume, add shipping which is about 1/2 the cost and still make a reasonable profit.

Where people get screwed is the manufacturer has a shop set up for fast production. Build their thousand units for XYZ with detail manufacturing and material requirements, then the same machines, same people switch to less-waterproof fabric, cheap thread, and do 1 stitch instead of 3 on a seam.... the consumer gets a lowball product that falls apart, leaks, and less not talk about warranty or returns. I buy from Alibaba and AliExpress (electronics) on a daily basis and know what is reliable and not and built into my cost is about a 20% of product received is defective, but I have that built into my sales prices.

The volume buyers have it down to a science, calculate the product dimensions and order the number of units that fit into 1 cargo container to reduce shipping costs .

Last edited: