Sponsored

Whats your favorite truck and topper combination?

• Total voters
OP
OP
stewarthz

stewarthz

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SILVERADO
Pretty sure the black would match? I assume you're talking about the bumper, bed sides, etc?

That was my vote (have CG on order), I'm seriously thinking about going with a softtopper + cheap tri-fold soft tonneau. I have a cheap Gator tri-fold soft tonneau on my 2019 ranger and no regrets about it - grabbed it from amazon warehouse too for about $160.

If I had gone with A51, that beige topper looks pretty hot as a nice offset/contrast!
Pretty sure the black would match? I assume you're talking about the bumper, bed sides, etc?

That was my vote (have CG on order), I'm seriously thinking about going with a softtopper + cheap tri-fold soft tonneau. I have a cheap Gator tri-fold soft tonneau on my 2019 ranger and no regrets about it - grabbed it from amazon warehouse too for about $160.

If I had gone with A51, that beige topper looks pretty hot as a nice offset/contrast!
I'm imagining one that's a bit sportier than a work topper.
For sure, hopefully the 3rd party market will get creative with this struck as its going to start a new era of compact trucks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stewarthz

stewarthz

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SILVERADO
None of the above. I prefer matching the topper to the truck.
For me NOTA
None Of The Above.....
Nice to see the potential choices for folks that will utilize a topper but for me I am going to use the open bed as a hauler of odd shaped items. A pickup bed 🛻 ✔
It does look nice with the open bed.
As a prior owner of at least a half dozen convertible sports cars, I LOVE this idea. LOVE! LOVE!! LOVE!!! With my order being Cyber Orange, I’d probably go with a black soft top.

One option I‘d like to see though is some clear side windows so it doesn’t feel so much like a a cave or even worse, a coffin.
Yeah more windows or with some soft toppers you can roll up the sides.

OP
OP
stewarthz

stewarthz

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SILVERADO
Thanks for the photographs, but I'm not a fan. Wear and tear would be an issue for me and I think it spoils the lines of the truck. Just my opinion. :)
Making my own... 1/2 plywood, black rhino lined with 6 poles that adjust so it will look/function like a tonneau. Will have a piano hinge in it to give access to the bed. And using black cotton canvas stapled to the wood and using velcro to attach to the bed itself to seal it when raised. Also will have a removable awning portion to use the entire topper as a tent when the tailgate is opened.. the entire topper or tonneau will be removable in less than a minute or two hopefully. Why pay 100s and not get what u want when u can do it yourself and build to suit... lol
I will fund this project, I need to see this product in every house hold in America lol

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It does look nice with the open bed.

Yeah more windows or with some soft toppers you can roll up the sides.
I think soft topper/bestop bought the competition? Pretty sure they are the only ones making them now. The sides do roll up or come off, and you can get clear window style sides or mesh for then as well. Considering the price of tonneaus they seem to be a decent alternative.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where is the option for NONE ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
stewarthz

stewarthz

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SILVERADO
I think soft topper/bestop bought the competition? Pretty sure they are the only ones making them now. The sides do roll up or come off, and you can get clear window style sides or mesh for then as well. Considering the price of tonneaus they seem to be a decent alternative.
That's true tonneaus go $300-1000>

I like how the Hyundai Santa Cruz has a built in retractable tonneau.

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not bad but I would buy or use a soft top topper. It has no security easy open with a knife.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's true tonneaus go $300-1000>

I like how the Hyundai Santa Cruz has a built in retractable tonneau.
That is only on the highest trim I believe. That style of retractable tonneau also takes up a lot of room! It's like having the hard roll up, only there is also a box it rolls up into which is always there in addition to the tonneau itself.

OP
OP
stewarthz

stewarthz

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SILVERADO
Not bad but I would buy or use a soft top topper. It has no security easy open with a knife.
That is only on the highest trim I believe. That style of retractable tonneau also takes up a lot of room! It's like having the hard roll up, only there is also a box it rolls up into which is always there in addition to the tonneau itself.
Yeah you are right it might take up 1/2 a foot or something to store it.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How easy would this be to remove

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Easy to install/setup and not expensive, yes. The more I look at it, the more I like it. It'll look good on my Alto Blue FX4.

Last edited:

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Yikes

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah you are right it might take up 1/2 a foot or something to store it.
it looks bigger than that, maybe minimum 8x8 inches, probably closer to 10x10. Those sort of tonneau covers are definitely nice, but that storage box eats real estate - it is always there! I have read it is removable (which it should be) if I recall correctly, but I'm guessing it isn't a one person job to do that.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both bestop and Softtoppers roll up. With the softtopper you can add a rack for those that have canoes, kayaks or roof top tents. It will be interesting to see what they offer for the Maverick. I loved mine when I had my GMC truck. Softtoppers is planning on making one for the Maverick they just need to get a Maverick inhouse for measurements and mockups.
Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) 1630544806840

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) 1630545055214

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) 1630545226311
Sponsored